« [Christmas_Comes_To_Chainsville] | Main | [With_Questions: Feedback_Edition] »

2005.09.29

[Thanks_Trent]

Ok. Now it's all perfectly clear:

[09_29_2005]

I really should know better by now, but I have read some BBs and feel the need to explain a few things. Jerome Dillon does not have a drinking or drug problem. His illness is not the result of abuse, nor are there any purposefully vague statements about what's really going on with him. I am sure he is as frustrated and upset with the situation as everybody else. This is not his fault.

Next, I don't spend that much backstage and offstage time with the band, because their agenda is different from my own. They occasionally drink and party - I don't. When I was leaving the venue last night and found out the news about Jerome after everyone else - I was in a separate dressing room down the hall. Make sense? Jerome is a great drummer and a great guy. We all wish him the best and hope to see him behind the drums again soon. At the present time, his performing live with us places him in a potentially very harmful situation.
6:05pm_PST

[09_29_2005]
I just finished telling someone yesterday I was looking forward to finally being able to work on some music - the production for the tour was finally feeling finished... now this.

Once again, I'm sorry for the postponement. I really hate having to do this.

On another note, some of you seem to have taken offense to comments I've made here about the audience in Sacramento. This area of the site is not for press releases or sanitized versions of anything. That was how I felt, and that's that. Not every show is a great experience. A lot of our performance draws from the energy and reaction of the crowd. It felt to me (and everyone else in the band) like we were punching a brick wall for 90 minutes with nothing coming back, and that was frustrating. It happens sometimes. It IS frustrating. We're not pretending or going through the motions when we're onstage and these factors affect us and the show.
3:34pm_PST

The show in Oakland is postponed, and there is talk, sadly, of replacing Jerome. Obviously, our thoughts are with him, and with Trent, too.

I can only imagine how big a headache it is to worry about a sick friend, be at the helm of such a big production, have to think logistically, field the hysteria of all of us bitchy complainers, and on top of all that, attempt to be a good artist every night, but if anyone can make it happen...

Also, is this communicative, responsive guy really OUR TRENT? I love this! How good is it, after all the years and years of silence, to hear from Sparklepants EVERY DAY? Gabriel, you better stop hating on my man, dude, or I will come back from Paris and personally kick your scrawny gothemo ass.

I'm sorry I complained, Trent, you big (figuratively speaking) sexy (NOT EVEN SORT OF figuratively speaking) man, you.

You know we love the shit out of you.

Posted by Dierdre ~ in inside_dierdre | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Thanks_Trent]:

Comments

And as the name of this entry says... thanks, Trent. I was upset that he even had to defend himself and Jerome, but hey... assholes will be assholes, and people will speculate over and analyze everything Trent says and does until there's nothing left.

Posted by: Kim | Sep 29, 2005 9:20:50 PM

Oh and D, did you get your present?

Posted by: Kim | Sep 29, 2005 9:21:41 PM

I got 'em Kim! I haven't been able to look at everything, because I have to rush out and get on with my business, but I looked at some of the stills, and they are DELIGHTFUL.

Posted by: Dierdre | Sep 29, 2005 9:25:30 PM

Oh, I'll be so sad if we're Jerome-less for our upcoming show, but whatever gets him feeling better as quickly as possible!

Posted by: maise | Sep 29, 2005 10:53:55 PM

Finally! An update that MAKES SOME FUCKING SENSE. Although, it's pretty silly of Trent to be acting all "whaddaya mean, VAGUE?"

Puh-lease.

I hope Jerome gets well soon. I should have known that if his problem was of a more nefarious nature, Trent would have killed him already.

Posted by: Jane | Sep 30, 2005 4:02:35 AM

I feel badly that Trent felt the need to have to make that last post.

Maybe he should have told everyone to fuck off. However, no way in hell did Jerome need to be reading the garbage speculation about him on the net, so for that reason, I'm glad Trent did make the post to put a stop to it.

Anyhow, My thoughts & prayers are with Jerome. I hope he'll get well enough to come back. But most importantly I hope he just gets well.

Trent, he'll be fine. He's strong. I'd suggest some extra reps at the gym to help ward off stress.

Posted by: bex | Sep 30, 2005 5:28:55 AM

I'm staying away from the ongoing meat debates...my sister can fight her own battles, and though I'd really like to crawl through the microwaves and do a Jay and Silent Bob on those people who are flooding her inbox with cruel abortion messages (because they can't be any more original about their criticism than their fearless leader), I'm letting her deal with it. I still can't fucking breathe through my nose. But at least I'm healthy, relatively sane, and I wish nothing but the best to poor Jerome, even if this leg of the NIN arena tour is starting to resemble Spinal Tap more and more...oh, and I'm also taking bets on who the replacement drummer will be. Rumour has it that the show will go on on Saturday, which means that they probably have someone already waiting in the wings...Maybe Trent will have to pull a Phil Collins or a Don Henly and do double duty. Heh heh heh..I said "duty"...(that's a dumbed-down joke for all the new readers out there who arrived via the MH link -- should suit their level of intellect, which is I believe between amoeba and parameceum).

Posted by: Buttercup J. | Sep 30, 2005 1:48:12 PM

Actually, a little birdie told me that it is Phil Collins! ;)

Posted by: maise | Sep 30, 2005 1:52:25 PM

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight... fist fuck.... fist fuuuuuuck...."

Posted by: Gabriel | Sep 30, 2005 2:01:41 PM

It looks like Trent is back to the one liners, though not as cryptic this time, and it's good news for G.:

[09_30_2005] See you at the Bowl.

7:42pm_PST