« [Happy_Birthday_to_Iris!] | Main | [It's_About_Fucking_Time] »

2007.05.11

[And_We're_Back!]

Oh, Auntie Em, I was trapped in the most terrible argument, where all we did was debate about Bono and sweatshops...But it wasn't a dream. It was a post. And you and you and you...and you were there. But you couldn't have been, could you? No, Aunt Em, this was a real truly live post, and I remember some of it was kind of entertaining, but most of it was pretentious, and all I kept saying to everybody was "I want to go home," and they sent me home! Doesn't anybody believe me? But anyway, Toto, we're home! Home. And this is Wearing These Chains, and you're all here, and I'm not going to leave here ever, ever again. Because I love you all. And...oh, Auntie Em! There's no place like WTC.

It just brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it? I mean, remember when this site was about Trent Reznor? Our reader, guru shabd does. That's why I found this in my email account:

Spocktrent_2

Yes, Guru, Trent does look hot, but there's also something a little off about him in this pic. He looks really pale and is probably overly airbrushed, and he looks just a tad angular and...yeah, he kind of DOES remind me of Spock, as mentioned by someone (I forget who) in The Thread That Shall Not Be Named. You know, I think it's the hair, actually. And the sideburns. Not that Spock doesn't have a sexy quality to him. Oh, and for shits and giggles, check this out, courtesy of Iris.

Btw, any of our Australian readers have the scoop on why Trent cancelled the 5/11 show? I don't feel like searching through ETS, so any news, updates, and outlandish conspiracy theories can be posted here! Also, I'd like to remind all of you that we welcome guest reviews of concerts (especially the good stuff like pics and vids). Send us your reviews, and we'd be happy to take a look at them. We can't promise you anything re: posting because we have to review for quality, and we're kind of grammar nazis in our way, and we're also really fucking lazy sometimes (as anyone who's submitted Bad Art knows).

All righty, then, gentle readers...you can all come out of hiding, now!

Posted by maise in maise_bites | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [And_We're_Back!]:

Comments

he DOES look kind of like Spoc!!! am i wrong in finding the slightly Elvish ears all the sexy?????? i also prefer pale Trent to slightly scarey orange Trent ;) I do agree though - does look like rather an overly airbrushed pic, but still brings the naughty thoughts to mind!

Posted by: | May 11, 2007 4:31:10 AM

Hey everyone! You can read the whole article here, and I encourage you to do so...

Posted by: maise | May 11, 2007 5:20:20 AM

Thanks guru for aiding in a topic change via your picture submission. We've seen this expression before though. Just who the hell is he glaring at off set? Some poor minion? And do they bring him around to all the photo shoots now?

As for the Star Trek and Monty Python mashup, well, you just can't go wrong with that.

Posted by: Iris | May 11, 2007 5:22:21 AM

The previous night's show was also cancelled, as I'm sure everyone is now aware.

Security guards at the gate were saying "the singer has laryngitis", but apparently yesterday they did perform soundcheck, including "Capital G"...

Posted by: Gabriel | May 11, 2007 7:50:56 AM

You can get that super-pale effect pretty easily with the right lighting, camera settings and photoshoppery. It doesn't look so much like airbrushing as just high-contrast. I actually have a photo of yours truly as an example, but it's probably not a good example of the effect because I'm already paler than pale anyway.
Seriously.
That and I'm not posting photos of myself. D:

This photo puts me in mind of something (other than Mr. Spock), but I can't think what. The military-esque look and the colouration reminds me of something. This is gonna bug me now.

(Am I the only person here who's never really watched the original Star Trek? They're a bit before my time. I AM BUT A WEE BABY.)

Posted by: RainbowVomit | May 11, 2007 8:06:33 AM

Thanks for bringing us back to (our favorite alternate) reality, Maise. I was troubled by the state of this site during the whole recent Bono/Journey/PinkFloyd/righteous-attack-ranting thread.. Thank Tre-- er, GOD, that's over (please let it be over, please?).
I propose we take a moment to reflect on the somewhat damaged state of Spoc-- er, TRENT's throat. I'm guessing it's pretty sore, to warrant rescheduling shows & trekking all the way back to AUSTRALIA in Sept.

Posted by: flyrabbit | May 11, 2007 8:10:39 AM

i also noticed the picture is wierdly colored. i do not approve, but honestly, that face, the hands? please. i would put up with much worse coloring to see that more often.
i like the wiard of oz reference to the insanity that was that recent conversation here. it fits, and makes the trauma a little easier to bear. thanks maise.
i didn't think i was as emotionally invested in the tour as i apparently am, (nin's not even scheduled in the states yet) but when i saw the posting about the postponed shows, i got sad. it's got to be serious for mr. unattainably high standards to cancel two shows in a row, and then almost cried when i saw that one of the rescheduled shows was on my birthday, which would mean i wouldn't be at a show on my birthday...dumb reaction? yes. wierd? of course. but i'm all stressed and emotionally unstable from finals.

Posted by: guru shabd | May 11, 2007 8:45:17 AM

Man, the line between the "tough rock star" glare and the "those goddamn kids are on my lawn AGAIN" glare is pretty thin...

Posted by: maise | May 11, 2007 9:19:15 AM

Guru, I think you need to look at your priorities a little bit.

Not a single fucking mention of being sad because L'orangerie Stank isn't playing on your birthday? WHAT THE FUCK????????

Posted by: Gabriel | May 11, 2007 9:40:45 AM

Oh, that reminds me, Gabe...I've got another child's birthday party booked for you. You don't have to wear clown makeup this time, but the balloon animals might come in handy. The kid's going to be 4, so you might want to go easy on all the "fucks" in the lyrics and such.

Posted by: maise | May 11, 2007 9:43:16 AM

Maybe guru was holding out hope that you'd still play her party Gabe.

Maise you kill me with your observation skills. You know all the neighbor kids refer to him as Crotchety Old Man Reznor.

Posted by: Iris | May 11, 2007 9:58:52 AM

It's going to be fine, D! Here, have a cool washcloth and a picture of that nice Reznor boy you seem to fancy so much.

Posted by: emerald527 | May 11, 2007 11:16:42 AM

Don't skate if you can't relate.

Posted by: Angelman | May 11, 2007 1:08:42 PM

What was so traumatizing about yesterday's conversation? Are people not allowed to have opinions unless they're about Trent Reznor's pinky finger or somthing?

Posted by: Friend of Dorothy | May 11, 2007 7:42:17 PM

it does look photoshopped but more like all the pieces of his 'body'--shirt, hands, pants, head, etc--have been all plucked from other pics. The whole high-contast thing is just to make it all look 'together' ish.
Also, Trent's pinkies are awesome! Like little vienna sausages...

Posted by: FUCKERNOTTUCKER, please | May 11, 2007 8:29:41 PM

There you are, JR. I was wondering what happened to you...

Posted by: Gabriel | May 11, 2007 8:29:46 PM

Maise - check your e-mail - I sent you a special gift.

Posted by: Angelman | May 11, 2007 10:25:20 PM

Until she decides to share that gift with the rest of us (if she decides to do so) should the rest of us be concerned?

Posted by: Iris | May 11, 2007 10:39:12 PM

Yes, very.

Posted by: Angelman | May 11, 2007 10:41:10 PM

Bur believe me, this is a gift that MUST be shared.

Posted by: Angelman | May 11, 2007 10:42:39 PM

MAISE! DON'T OPEN IT! IT'S A TRAP!

I repeat DO. NOT. OPEN. IT.

This is not a link to some vegan delicacy like the subject line says! He's trying to trick you into reading more Bono = evil sweatshop promoter random articles! Don’t get sucked in!

Posted by: Iris | May 11, 2007 10:51:32 PM

Oh no! I promise she will be VERY HAPPY. And it actually concerns ternt... and gabriel...

Posted by: Angelman | May 11, 2007 10:55:31 PM

Okay now you're just being a tease. You know she won't wake up from her doggie nap until like 4am here.

Granted, I stay up late most nights but I can't do that tonight so much (even though it's 1am and I'm still awake, dammit). I'm participating in the Race for the Cure activities tomorrow morning. It’s my good deed for the day. Now go ahead and squelch my do-gooder feeling by referencing how many kiddies had to die making my New Balance shoes.

Posted by: Iris | May 11, 2007 11:06:40 PM

Nothing but love and support - this is the NEW ANGELMAN.

Go get 'em!

Posted by: Angelman | May 11, 2007 11:13:41 PM

Check out the nice pics.

Clicky