« [This_Game_Is_Bullshit] | Main | [Meet_Your_Master] »

2007.04.15

[Wearing_These_Thumbscrews]

So through the recent Karrang! article we learn that Trent goes to Torture Museums.  As it just so happens on our little outting to Europe...so did we.  Oh Trent, we have SO much in common.  I hear you dear readers rolling your eyes, mumbling "yeah right, you can make up whatever you want, say you've been anywhere but how are we supposed to know it's true?"  Well to that I say "DUH...we got proof."

torture_museum

Art is Resistance people and we were getting our tag on in Prague.  Gothemo style.  And of course this wasn't our only act of spreading the resistance word.  Look for more soon...

Posted by Iris in breathe the AiR | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Wearing_These_Thumbscrews]:

Comments

Seriously, people? Torture museums are always a tourist-trapping good time, even without the fart humor.

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 9:23:54 AM

Am I allowed to ask whose delicious thumb that is?

And I don't get how this amounts to more proof than that you all can write your names and photograph a pamphlet. I expect better from the WTC crew.

And while we're at it--where the hell are the rest of the promised audiovisuals? How long can it take to airbrush all those photos, anyway? Are you furiously cropping Dierdre out of each of them or what?

Posted by: JR | Apr 15, 2007 10:28:46 AM

Please clarify on website....Make a Wish didn't honor Darren Kroupa's wish because he was "too old"...Francis Foundation, Smile for Kids did...thank you His mother Debra

Posted by: Debbie Kroupa | Apr 15, 2007 10:29:22 AM

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't seen, some nice person has also uploaded the rest of the article:
I can't seem to link all of them, so I'll just link the LJ thread I got them from
Not sure who scanned/uploaded them, so don't thank me, not my work at all.

(Don't think you're being ignored Ms. Kroupa, but I'm just a poster, not any kind of staff, so I can't help. I will say now that everyone here offers their condolences to you and your family.)

Posted by: RainbowVomit | Apr 15, 2007 10:48:13 AM

Oh, looks like the error's already been fixed.
My bad.

Posted by: RainbowVomit | Apr 15, 2007 10:50:13 AM

Hi Ms. Kroupa,

Thanks so much for clarifying! I did make the change to the article that I quoted here, as requested. (Sometimes edits don't show up until you refresh, unfortunately.)

It's fantastic that the Frances Foundation's Smile for Kids program was out there to help Darren and help him have some uplifting, fun experiences while battling a terrible disease.

As soon as Ms. Kroupa gets back to me, I'll be posting some links to sites where, if you're able, you can donate in Darren's memory.

If you want to get a head start, here's the Frances Foundation's website...my understanding is that this is the organization that made Darren's visit with Trent possible. There are still a lot of sick kids out there who deserve to have some of their dreams come true, so this is a great cause to support.

Ms. Kroupa, you're definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Having lost several family members to cancer, I know how devastating it is for everyone involved. We'll be happy to do all we can to raise awareness for malignant melanoma research in the NIN fan community.

Love,
maise

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 11:10:09 AM

I would also like to offer my condolences to the Kroupa family. I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a child. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Darren is very special because he has been able to raise awareness among a group of people who otherwise wouldn't know very much about this horrible disease. I would be honored to make a contribution in Darren's memory, and I'm sure other NIN fans will be doing the same.

Posted by: Lavender | Apr 15, 2007 12:19:03 PM

Amazing how a tragedy like this can bring WTC together.
This is by far the greatest website known to mankind.

Posted by: Hannah | Apr 15, 2007 1:21:14 PM

Humankind Hannah.
This website is patronized mostly by chicks.

Posted by: Lavender | Apr 15, 2007 1:54:51 PM

LMFAO The torture museum how could I forget? That was the bit where they asked him when the last time he really laughed was, and he said it was when someone farted in a presentation. Oh Trent u crack me up. I think he went with the other guys as well.

Posted by: Rachel | Apr 15, 2007 2:01:34 PM

Since when am I Gabriel's sidekick...? myabe it's the other way around! I'm Jason Lee's character to Gabriel's Jeremy London in MALLRATS: he may be the lead, but I steal the show.

Posted by: Angelman | Apr 15, 2007 3:38:03 PM

You're right, Angelman. We shouldn't be selling you short around here.

Maybe it's more like a Harry Potter-Voldemort relationship. One can't survive as long as the other one lives...or something.

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 3:44:17 PM

Oh, and JR? Most of the promised, super-cool audiovisuals from our trip are in the possession of Iris, so don't piss her off.

The best I can do is give you pics of me biting Gabriel and pretty architecture.

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 3:46:25 PM

Angelman, you just stole my heart--I am a major fan of Jason Lee in Mallrats. Damn he was hot in that.

Posted by: JR | Apr 15, 2007 6:13:57 PM

Maise, girl, bring those pics ON.

If there are two things I love (other than Jason Lee in Mallrats), it's the thought of Gabriel being bit and European architecture.

[Wearing_These_Flying_Buttresses]

Posted by: JR | Apr 15, 2007 6:18:35 PM

Mallrats? The site has officially hit the shitter.

I miss Dierdre.

Posted by: Gabriel | Apr 15, 2007 6:22:44 PM

You're even cuter when you're jealous.

Posted by: JR | Apr 15, 2007 6:24:23 PM

Well, if I survive the next couple of days at work and get through all the red tape required to post a pic featuring the visage of Gabriel, then I'll be happy to provide a photo essay of What I Did On My Spring Vacation.

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 6:26:52 PM

Well, it appears that Dierdre does not miss us.

Welcome to Year Zero, kids.

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 6:27:56 PM

For a ghost dog, that was pretty catty, Maise.

Posted by: JR | Apr 15, 2007 6:30:18 PM

I knew the MALLRATS bit would upset Gabriel. We have a long-standing feud about it.

Brodie: But my cousin Walter jerked off in public once. True story. He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, *Snap* the hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and it land safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

Gil Hicks: Well, did he cum, or what?

Brodie: Jesus Christ, man. There's just some things you don't talk about in public.

GABRIEL ADMIT IT - THAT IS COMEDY GOLD!

Posted by: Angelman | Apr 15, 2007 6:38:22 PM

What's catty about it? I am merely stating OBJECTIVE FACT. I mean, did you not read "Inside_Dierdre: Total_Boredom?" I think she made her central thesis clear.

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 6:40:53 PM

Okay, "Mallrats" is an e. coli-laden chocolate pretzel in comparison to "Clerks," but I really love the delivery of the line "FLY, FATASS, FLY!!!!"

Posted by: maise | Apr 15, 2007 6:44:06 PM

That she is feeling the heat from Gabriel? And by that I mean that she is jealous that he's getting the attention, and not her fictitous flame, Trent?

Jesus Christ, TIMES CHANGE. I mean, when I was a kid I had all kinds of Michael Jackson memorabilia (small playing cards, an eleven inch doll, the book Michael!, a Thriller t-shirt--the works), but it's not like I'm hanging around posting at [Drinking_This_Jesus_Juice] or whatever.

Posted by: JR | Apr 15, 2007 6:45:01 PM

And Clerks sucked ass. I couldn't even make it all the way through that. It gives me hives even thinking about it. The very thin silver lining of that movie was the introduction of Jay and Silent Bob.

Posted by: JR | Apr 15, 2007 6:46:32 PM