« [Inside_Dierdre: Joy_&_Jubilation] | Main | [Check_Me_Out, Bitches: I'm_Famous] »

2006.12.06

[Even_Trent's_Writing_More_Than_Me]

And I apologize, ladies and Gabes, honestly. I'll spare you all the legitimate sob stories...let's just say that my absence lately should be marked "excused."

But I'm happy to be back and obsessively commenting on all things Trent. To my delight, he's been blogging lately...but you have to pay for it. Shit, I can't get myself a paid creative writing gig, but I'm not Trent Reznor, am I?

Fortunately, a kind reader has provided me with a Spiral hookup (as a ghost dog, I get turned down on credit card applications again and again), and I now have access to the written record of Trent's thoughts and hopes and dreams and philosophies. Here's an example:

11/03/06 : rough mix madness
Working, working, working. We are currently doing rough mixes to assess the situation of what needs what. I pretty much know what I'll be doing every day from now until next summer. We're up to some cool shit here - looking forward to the day when you get to experience it. By FAR this is the most ambitious multi-faceted project I've ever undertaken.
Details soon...

Current Mood: Excited
Currently Listening to: the new NIN record!

Okay, so pretty much all of the entries are similar in style and content, although the latest entry has some pretty pictures of Trent's workspace (much better view than can be found in my office, that's for sure). Trent assures us that he is working on the new album, that it will be coming out next year, and that he's pretty stoked.

It's not quite what I would ghost-write for him, but it's nice of him to connect with us fans and to let us in on his progress thus far. After all, now that I'm a NIN addict in withdrawal, I need to know when I'm getting my next fix.

But there's something I feel I have to address. Current mood?????? You're tracking your current mood on your blog????? Trent, you know--you KNOW--I love you, but this is the most dorked-out development in the Empire of Dirt since you called Peaches "the SHIT." And Trent, if you're going to give us a glimpse of your mood, surely you're feeling more than mere "excitement" or "sleepiness" (although it warms my heart to hear you're happy). I suggest you employ the following, when appropriate:

melancholy
in a fit of pique
giddy
lustful
aching
seething
ecstatic
paranoid

Like any good NIN fan, I'm never satisfied. I want more, Trent! More blog entries. And maybe throw some candy to the kids without much pocket change, okay?

Posted by maise in maise_bites | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Even_Trent's_Writing_More_Than_Me]:

Comments

I don't know whether I'd prefer to see "seething" or "paranoid" show up on a blog post from Sr. Partible.

But SO intrigued by a "multi-faceted" project in the offing...hmmm...I bet there's a video game in there somewhere.

Posted by: JR | Dec 6, 2006 11:29:22 AM

I LOVE your site! I check it every day for new updates. I can't afford to join either so I check your stuff because I figure you would know better than anyone. Do you know I used to live near Trent years ago in New Orleans and we NEVER met. I still live here of course. I see he has moved on to bigger and better things. New Orleans isn't the same without Mr. Reznor!

Posted by: Rebecca | Dec 6, 2006 3:12:58 PM

Umm. Trent still lives in New Orleans. You havent been sharing nose candy with Jeordie, have you, Rebecca?

Posted by: Hannah | Dec 6, 2006 3:15:12 PM

WHAT??????????? I thought Trent moved to CA??? Anyway, I don't live in Trent's neighborhood in New Orleans anymore......since the hurricane ruined my life

Posted by: Rebecca | Dec 6, 2006 3:17:15 PM

Not so much...

Does anyone know who Leo is?

Posted by: Hannah | Dec 6, 2006 3:24:42 PM

I don't know who Leo is........but I just found Waldo!

Posted by: Rebecca | Dec 6, 2006 3:28:33 PM

Sorry, I didn't find Waldo on myspace. I found him in my bathroom.... :)

Posted by: Rebecca | Dec 6, 2006 3:38:45 PM

Crap! That's not the same Waldo standing in my bathroom right now, oh well.

Posted by: Rebecca | Dec 6, 2006 3:51:02 PM

...you should lock your door to keep strangers out of your bathroom.

Posted by: KittyKins | Dec 6, 2006 7:39:24 PM

Today appears to be non sequitur day here at WTC...

Posted by: maise | Dec 6, 2006 8:04:02 PM

Hmmm, and it's non sequitur day on Trent's blog as well...

12/06/06 : Colonel Panic!
Blah blah blah blha bla sdaadj dfs

[picture of what is probably some dreadful technological meltdown]

Current Mood: Mad

Trent, may I suggest "apoplectic" or "hyperventilating" or "speaking in tongues?"

Posted by: maise | Dec 6, 2006 8:38:47 PM

I thought he'd put Nothing Studios up for sale? - there was a post on the NIN community on Live Journal with pics and what not.

Anyhoo, it's good to see he's earning his keep and also great to see new posts on WTC!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted by: Giftedsbytch | Dec 7, 2006 12:09:04 AM

12/6/06: Iris’s e-mail madness

I'm losing my dorked out @nin.com e-mail so that they (Empire of Dirt) can move it to a new server since Music Today sucks. -BAH- I've got like 55 pages of stuff I'd really rather not have to move but I really prefer not to lose it either. Damn myself for being such an e-mail packrat. Oh and in case no one else with a Spiral e-mail account has heard and because I rarely check in myself...

Friday, December 8, 2006 - after 1 p.m. PST, the current email service will become inactive, meaning that users will no longer be able to send or receive email using their existing spiral accounts (access to old system will remain intact until December 31, 2006 for access to archived messages).

Current Mood: irked

Posted by: Iris@without_email.com | Dec 7, 2006 2:21:49 AM

I think that the past few months without you posting inane things on here have been great, and that in that time frame you have managed to not mature one iota. Remarkable.

Posted by: JR | Dec 7, 2006 2:33:23 PM

Trent's up for another Grammy, this time for "Every Day is Exactly the Same." I quote:

[02_08_06]

The Grammys make me hate music, and certainly everyone in the ass-licking music industry.

Good night, and good luck.

Posted by: emerald527 | Dec 7, 2006 4:09:39 PM

You know what I'm good at? Banning comments and IP addresses...

Posted by: maise | Dec 7, 2006 6:03:24 PM

The above applying only to Hannah at the moment, of course.

Posted by: maise | Dec 7, 2006 6:04:01 PM

LOL, is that actually what Trent blogged? "colonel panic"?
I really want to know how much money Trent is making off of the spiral, if any. I hate to be the type to cry "sellout", but if he is...sellout! (coming from one of the kids without any pocket change)

Posted by: RL | Dec 8, 2006 12:43:33 AM

You've probably already heard/seen, but the contents and the release date for BYIT has been posted on nin.com! It's February 27th! Of 2007, not 2010, or 'soon' or anything!

Posted by: Sarcelle | Dec 8, 2006 3:44:11 AM

I was right......Trent did sell his New Orleans home and is in the process of selling his studio on Magazine St. I had some old pics of his studio from a few years ago, oh well no more Trent in New Orleans :(

Posted by: Rebecca | Dec 8, 2006 2:13:33 PM

I already thought that Trent left New Orleans. I mean as soon as I heard that Trent had a place in L.A.
Great it's official: Trent has gone Hollywood[dammit!] Hey anyone else excited about the BYIT DVD?? I mean about fucking time! And wtf ever happened to the Closure DVD?? :/

Posted by: rickireznor | Dec 9, 2006 12:11:20 AM

I found this by accident on somebody's web thingy......it's hilarious! No, I didn't write this either.

maise here...sorry, Rebecca, but I'm editing your post because, outlandish and psychotic as that excerpt was, we don't allow talk, discussion, speculation, gossip on the topic of Trent's girlfriends, past and present. We have found that people really will believe anything they read on the internet, and I'd hate for us to be the source of ridiculous misinformation re: Trent's personal life, which is none of our damn business to begin with. Okay, carry on, everyone!

Posted by: Rebecca | Dec 11, 2006 3:47:47 PM

just tell us where you got that possibly scandalous (mis)information from and surely we can look for ourselves? please lol

Posted by: mel | Dec 12, 2006 7:20:31 AM

I personally don't know where it came from, but I would classify it as not so much "scandalous" and more "retarded."

Posted by: maise | Dec 12, 2006 7:55:39 AM

Was it a rumor that he's dating someone in the army, and that's why he referred to himself as Colonel Panic? Because I can't think of any other sane reason for him to give himself such a stupid nickname.

Hmm, what other totally outrageously retarded thing could it have been? Oh! Maybe Trent is dating the ghost of someone. Or Liz Taylor. Or Trent advised Liz Taylor to date the ghost of someone.

Or maybe Trent is dating someone retarded?

Posted by: JR | Dec 12, 2006 10:03:54 AM