« [Pictures_of_You_#_24: This_One's_For_You, Gabriel] | Main | [Even_Trent's_Writing_More_Than_Me] »

2006.11.08

[Inside_Dierdre: Joy_&_Jubilation]

I swear to God, people, I loaded up the New York Times today and totally had an orgasm.

In my wildest dreams, I never imagined election results this awesome, and the resignation of Rumsfeld? My panties are soaked. Now, if only someone could drive the fucking PADDY WAGON up to the door of the White House and load all those fucking criminal bitches into it and try their lying, wrongful-imprisionment-supporting, murdering, torture-advocating asses for crimes against humanity, my fondest dreams -- yes, even fonder than that one where Trent "Sparklepants" Reznor nuzzles the insides of my thighs with his lovely, lovely beard, and bares his teeth in the very sexiest way -- will have come true.

You guys? Today is officially a good day. I didn't even have to use my A.K.

As if that weren't enough? I'm fully seeing my aforementioned sweet, sweet love in Europe this spring, and not only that, but plans are being laid for a possible FULL WTC STAFF APPEARANCE.

That's right, Trent. All of us. Maybe. IF YOU'RE LUCKY.

Posted by Dierdre ~ in inside_dierdre | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Inside_Dierdre: Joy_&_Jubilation]:

Comments

C'mon Trent...you know you want to do a blog entry today. Aren't you happy?

Posted on [11_8_2006] by trentreznor

I was working at the polls yesterday checking people's IDs, and I got yelled at by this old lady who didn't like the word "fuck." Go figure.

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2006 1:11:39 PM

Thank you, Jesus, Amen. And, look out, Trent.

Posted by: Jane | Nov 8, 2006 3:16:51 PM

Yes. This TOTALLY makes up for me having to spend election night covering the Michigan Republicans at their party, instead of, oh, hanging out at home and watching The Daily Show/Colbert Report live coverage.

Posted by: emerald527 | Nov 8, 2006 6:09:23 PM

A full WTC staff presence at one of the European shows?

I say that we begin the campaign right now to make it so that there is a meeting of the Big Giant Head and his best fans/best fans' representation.

That's awesome! I'm jealous.

Posted by: JR | Nov 9, 2006 10:08:54 AM

Well, there definitely will be a ghost dog crossing the pond. Even though I'm dead, I still have to fly coach. Meh.

Posted by: maise | Nov 9, 2006 10:34:00 AM

I pray for a M&G for you guys. Poor Trent won't know what hit him.

Also a little birdie named Rolling Stone says "On November 14th, iTunes will release a trove of previous Bridge School performances..." I don't know if the previous performances would include the one we're dying to hear but fingers crossed.

Posted by: Iris | Nov 10, 2006 5:46:58 AM

Not too interested in politics, are we. Bummer, man.

Posted by: Dierdre | Nov 12, 2006 2:59:29 AM

Oh you mean how the American public displayed the use of some brain cells? That was pretty sweet.

Posted by: maise | Nov 12, 2006 9:21:22 AM

I hate politics, but I voted and am happy as well. FYI, Stewart and Colbert are on the latest Rolling Stone cover (yummy!).

Posted by: RL | Nov 12, 2006 4:32:15 PM

Interview with Aaron North at Gearwire.com

GW: "When you work with Trent Reznor, how do you get your tracks recorded? Are you working together in the studio, or do you take any sort of Mike Patton "Peeping Tom" approach where you are sending media back and forth remotely?"
North: "Well, speaking of "mystique", that's a subject we could really get into, but is more fun to let people's imaginations go wild thinking about. I will say this much; watching Trent work is a sight to be seen. Homeboy goes about the creative and recording process in a way which I've never experienced before."
In The Studio With Reznor:
"Its inspiring and perplexing at the same time. I've never encountered a musician who is as technically savvy as this dude. Most "artists" have an approach where they feel like it should be somebody else's job to interpret their vision, and capture it in a recording. They are hesitant, or even incapable of getting their hands dirty and doing it themselves. For myself, coming from a punk background where everything was about DIY. . . doing it yourself. . . booking your own tours, putting out your own records, etc, etc, Trent's approach and work ethic echoes those same ethos to an extreme measure in the recording process. He has a sound he wishes to achieve in his head, and knows exactly how to achieve it, and isn't going to sit around and wait for somebody else to hold his hand or do it for him."
"It can be an intimidating situation, but it's pulled things out of me on a few occasions that I can't say would have surfaced otherwise. Whether or not they ultimately end up on the cutting room floor remains to be seen. There are dozens and dozens of pieces of music from "The Fragile" album, and even "With Teeth" that nobody has ever heard that personally is some of my favorite stuff he's ever done, but was never released for one reason or another. So, we'll see. I can guarantee the new album will venture into the unexpected though. . . that's for sure."

I thought it was pretty interesting.

Posted by: Jane | Nov 13, 2006 1:02:21 PM

Nice article. And nice to hear Aaron talking up Trent’s work ethic. Oh to be a fly on the wall in that studio. I, along with about a million other fans, I’m sure, would love to hear that stuff that hit the cutting room floor. Come on Trent, spoil us rotten and drop another album right after this next one of these left over bits. You could call it “Pretty_Downward_Fragile_Teeth” or something.

I don't know about Aaron working on the DVD though. He'd better not have video editing control because if I get this thing and it turns out to be 90 minutes of his flying squirrel ass leaping and bounding off of everything in site I'm asking for my money back!

Posted by: Iris | Nov 13, 2006 4:10:44 PM

I'm much more inclined to believe Aaron over Trent when he says that the new album will be different. Now my interest is piqued.

Posted by: RL | Nov 14, 2006 3:47:24 PM

Kids, I love you all, but I haven't had time to *think straight* lately. Was at the office til 2:30 a.m. last night with a long way to go. Someone shoot me!

Posted by: maise | Nov 15, 2006 9:47:25 AM

Maise, I feel your pain. Days are blurring together for me, too. I don't like being a grown up and this whole "work" thing.

Posted by: JR | Nov 15, 2006 10:39:48 AM

And how the fuck am I supposed to believe that high school is gonna be the best years of my life. Even Muscles Reznor would say that is complete BULLSHIT. Or as he would say "BULLSHITahhh".

Posted by: Hannah | Nov 15, 2006 4:15:41 PM

In reference to the interview with Aaron North; has anyone heard the new Peeping Tom CD? It's pretty excellent. Faith No More was in my top 5 faves in the late 80's, early 90's. While some of Patton's stuff to come out since the breakup has been good, most has been shit. This last album has been a complete surprise and a gift. Guilty pleasure.

Posted by: Lavender | Nov 16, 2006 1:50:06 AM

I can’t discuss politics with any intelligence. Then again, it’s not like I’m voting for the party that hands out the best emery board. I stopped watching television several years ago, so I have never seen the Daily Show or Colbert Report. I don’t hate television or anything, but I was working full time and going to school. I had no time for it and now, eh. I wish I could join you for the NIN Euro tour. I’m only missing a few things, like cash, vacation days, and a passport. Oh yeah, and tickets. Maybe Trent will tour the US after the new album drops in April. That just sounds so weird. I do worry about the pace getting to TR, the old boy. Of course, he’s probably in better shape now than he has been in for years.

Maise, you win. The latest I have left work this week is 9:30 pm, but we did have an anthrax scare yesterday. One woman working on the third floor of our building opened mail with white powder in it and a second woman got the powder on herself. Hilarity ensued while waiting for the fearless leaders to kick out the crisis plan. They locked down the third floor and several hours later hazmat arrived. The powder turned out to be of the baby variety, but we did have some interesting conversations about the painful ways in which our co-workers were dying while we were at lunch. Yeah, we are that sick.

Iris, is there any update regarding the iTunes store and the Bridge School releases? I checked the store, but I couldn’t locate anything.

Jane, I think Aaron is cool. I wish he could get some time to update the gossip page at Buddyhead. His description of the band attending Coachella is classic.

Lavender, I have not heard the Peeping Tom CD, but I will check it out. I am a Patton fan also. He’s always doing something avant-garde or just plain weird. I’d like to hear him just sing.

Posted by: Chrise | Nov 16, 2006 6:39:02 PM

Well Chrise I haven't been able to find anything on iTunes either other than the album that was released in '05 but after searching through Bridge School's site I did manage to find this. So it looks like RS was only a little off in their announcement. We’ll see what happens in a few more days.

Posted by: Iris | Nov 17, 2006 12:02:33 AM

^^
Thanks, I will check iTunes tomorrow.

Posted by: Chrise | Nov 19, 2006 12:40:16 PM

Posted by: Hannah | Nov 20, 2006 1:47:00 PM

Who is a negligent ghost blogger? I am! Just want to let you guys know that I've got another installation of the Bad Fan Art Gallery that's been sitting in my inbox for ages. It will be posted as soon as work oppression lightens up!

Posted by: maise | Nov 21, 2006 8:17:27 AM

Smile, Sparklepants,
PETA loves you!!

Posted by: flyrabbit | Nov 21, 2006 1:01:38 PM

Trent, the other white meat.
You know, my best friend's "boyfriend" said that PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals.
She bitch slapped him.

Posted by: Hannah | Nov 23, 2006 6:12:25 PM

So did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? Mine was pretty depressing, for reasons beyond anyone's control.

So I prefer to contemplate the Reznor Family Thanksgiving:

Posted on [11_27_2006] by trentreznor

Thanksgiving was okay, but I can't believe Aunt Marion is still asking me when I'm planning to get married. Everyone kept sneaking food to my dog under the table, so she totally barfed on my mom's new rug. I ate like half of a sweet potato casserole all by myself, I swear to God.

Posted by: maise | Nov 27, 2006 2:10:27 PM

Maise, I love how over it all Trent always is in your blog posts on his behalf.

I demand more fake blog posts from Maise. They rule.

Posted by: JR | Nov 28, 2006 4:57:04 PM