« [Your_Dirty_Old_Aunt_Maise] | Main | [The_New_Goth_Times_Daily_Cross] »

2006.09.12

[Maise's_Gallery_of_Bad_Fan_Art: The_Home_and_Garden_Edition]

Do you guys know how much Iris fucking rocks? Iris rocks SO HARD that at her home, routine chores are performed with Trent and his art in mind.

All credit is due here to Iris's husband, x-9c@, for this landscaping masterpiece, "The_Downward_Mower."

[Yeah...that's his Christian name. What about it?]

Anyway. although our x-9c@ is only a casual listener of NIN, even he couldn't resist contributing to our bad fan art gallery. His preferred medium is, obviously, mower and grass.

Just wait til you see what happens when leaves need to be raked and snow shoveled at La Casa Iris!

The_downward_mower

Posted by maise in gallery_of_bad_fan_art | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Maise's_Gallery_of_Bad_Fan_Art: The_Home_and_Garden_Edition]:

Comments

Clearly, Iris is going for Fan of the Year, subcategory "Artwork".

Posted by: JR | Sep 12, 2006 11:18:37 AM

Hey I had nothing to do with this other than taking the picture! This was all hubby’s idea. I was in the house avoiding the formidable stack of dirty laundry and chatting with Maise when he came in and said “come look at this”. Usually that means that something expensive is broken or on the verge of breaking so this was a hilarious surprise from the normal dread I feel of “how are we going to fix -that-“.

And while I love the shit out of him for doing this I feel I must demote him from his lawn upkeep privileges before I end up with Halo 2 artwork in my yard. I will NOT tolerate a Master Chief topiary.

Posted by: Iris | Sep 12, 2006 11:55:32 AM

that freakin' ROCKS!

Posted by: Prism | Sep 12, 2006 12:14:42 PM

It sounds like the sort of thing that wouldn't look as good as it does. It really looks cool.

Posted by: JR | Sep 12, 2006 12:21:56 PM

Fuck yes. Rule on, Iris's husband!

Posted by: Dierdre | Sep 12, 2006 1:26:56 PM

I say a sculpture garden needs to be in the makings. Maybe a flower bed in the shape of a guitar and a tree in the shape of trent..

Posted by: heather | Sep 12, 2006 7:48:13 PM

You should hire Jerome Dillon to put that together for you. He's into gardening, you know.

Posted by: maise | Sep 12, 2006 8:01:39 PM

Iris,
What do you use on your lawn???
It is soooo green!!!
Very nice!

Posted by: Lavender | Sep 14, 2006 12:52:57 AM

This makes me sad that our lawnmower is broken. If it weren't I could do things like this with it, as opposed to all five feet ten inches of me getting lost in it when ever I leave my porch.

Posted by: KittyKins | Sep 14, 2006 9:32:51 AM

hedge clippers? that might work....or you could potentially make some sweetass crop circles at that heighth.

Posted by: Prism | Sep 14, 2006 12:01:23 PM

I have thought about the crop circles thing.

Posted by: KittyKins | Sep 14, 2006 9:02:40 PM

I may be a little drunk right now, but that is filarious; I can't stop laughing. Iris rocks.

Posted by: RL | Sep 14, 2006 9:34:06 PM

Oops, Iris and her husband rock. Someone should model their yard after the topiary in the perfect drug video. I would fucking love to have a six foot tall hedge maze in my back yard.

Posted by: RL | Sep 14, 2006 9:37:03 PM

Oh I know right. My roomate would never find me. I'd hear his ass coming and just bolt. Ok, no I wouldn't and he'd know right where I was because he'd be able to to hear Trent from the beginning of the maze, I listen to my cd player so loud. But then he's not smart enough to figure the maze out to find me properly, an dI wouldn't hear him shouting.

Posted by: KittyKins | Sep 14, 2006 10:14:09 PM