« [Call_&_Response_#_16: The_Dear_Trent_Edition] | Main | [Idiot_Wind: Gabriel_vs._Hannah] »

2006.07.17

[Sweet_Holy_Jesus, The_Hilarity]

I'm pretty sure this deserves a post of it's own. I know you guys are really going to love the hair-flipping. Personally, I love the way Trent is DEAD FUCKING SERIOUS about this shit.

I've just got one thing to say to Mr. Hair, here, who just got finished opening for Culture Club, and being compared to Thomas Dolby, and that's YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY, BABY.

Posted by Dierdre ~ in inside_dierdre | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Sweet_Holy_Jesus, The_Hilarity]:

Comments

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyy Godddddddddddddddddd!!!!

I love everything about this clip...the hair flipping, the wardrobe straight out of a John Hughes film, his FULL COMMITMENT to the '80s...

I think that song is going to be stuck in my head all morning...

Posted by: maise | Jul 17, 2006 7:02:36 AM

Oh, and these days he tends to speak a lot more eloquently about his music: "It's a *dance*...oriented...kind of thing."

Posted by: maise | Jul 17, 2006 7:09:39 AM

I know! How cool is Trent?

Yeah, that's right: THE COOLEST.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 17, 2006 7:10:31 AM

This post should be titled [Reason_to_Love_Trent #_7,345,693]

It's great to know that he was a totaly cheese ass, back in the day. But, I sense his darkness, don't you? I mean there's some romantic issue that is taking his world, and tearing it all apart, and "this could be heaven / This could be hell."

Oh man, I hope he wrote that.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 17, 2006 7:14:05 AM

Oh, to have been an Exotic Bird groupie back in the day. "Wow, man, that keyboardist has some issues..."

Posted by: maise | Jul 17, 2006 7:17:09 AM

I love how the hair and his sleeves get in the way of his performance. And if I'm not mistaken, I think I caught a glimpse of his fingers--multidirectional even then.

Posted by: maise | Jul 17, 2006 7:19:15 AM

Fucking hell. I hope Exotic Birds had groupies. That would rule. I can just imagine them all comparing notes...

Groupie 1: giggle giggle! Trent is cute! I like his hair!

Groupie 2: Yeah, he's cute, but he's dirty. You can tell by the way he snarls, sometimes.

Groupie 3: Ooh yeah! I like 'em dirty.

Groupie 2: I'm sticking with Andy.

Groupie 1: I don't care if Trent is dirty! I want to fuck him like an animal.

Groupie 3: Step off, bitch! He's mine!

Groupie 2, shouting: HEY TRENT! I WANT TO FUCK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL!

And so, from humble beginnings, rises the Empire of Dirt.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 17, 2006 7:23:52 AM

And Maise, 10-4 on the fingers. Sexy as fuck, even then. I'm not sure I can get behind that hair, though. I'm not sure what's going on with his sideburns, but it's out of control.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 17, 2006 7:29:34 AM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Look at the poor mans hair! Someone get that poor man a fucking counselor!

Posted by: Hannah | Jul 17, 2006 7:32:14 AM

lol..."I'm sticking with Andy."

Posted by: maise | Jul 17, 2006 7:36:10 AM

And the way he smiled during that song because he fucking LOVED IT.

Posted by: maise | Jul 17, 2006 7:39:16 AM

LOL! Maise, you are so right! He is totally certain that his song is AWESOME!

I'm not even making fun when I say that if there's any single thing I like most about Trent, it's his committment. That committment of his is a thing of beauty.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 17, 2006 7:47:32 AM

Definitely.

Was there a line in the song about "Don't be fooled by these foolish thoughts?"

Posted by: maise | Jul 17, 2006 7:53:23 AM

Um, I think that was "Don't be fooled by my foolish heart", Maise. I had to watch it again to determine that. Man, it was torture.

I like how hard he's working to make playing keyboards in rolled up shirtsleeves seem sexy. He is going ALL OUT, man.

Asking for it EVEN THEN.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 17, 2006 8:02:12 AM

God dammit! That fucking sonmg is gonna be in my fucking head all fucking day long! I just watched Nightclubbing again. Its absolutely perfect!

Posted by: Hannah | Jul 17, 2006 8:08:05 AM

Fuck, fuck, fuck! Now I'm the one stuck at work who can't watch this (or at least not with the sound)! Lunch will not come quick enough. **gack!**

How did we ever dig the hair of the 80s?

Posted by: Iris | Jul 17, 2006 8:22:05 AM

Hmmmm??? Well, I play Grand Theft Auto Vice City alot. The hair isnt too bad on that and its set in 86'.

Posted by: Hannah | Jul 17, 2006 8:56:08 AM

Did I detect a hint of wave to the hair? Maybe it was the lighting.

Can't wait to see this at home with the sound on.

Posted by: JR | Jul 17, 2006 10:12:00 AM

Let's hope it was the lighting but what an image to think of him sitting down for a perm to achieve that look!

Where the hell do people come up with these clips? I mean who was really recording the news back in the day? Perhaps it was one of the suggested groupies from above. If so, hey girls keep it coming!

Posted by: Iris | Jul 17, 2006 10:22:37 AM

Dudes, it's a perm. TRENT WITH A PERM!

I'm dyin' over here!

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 17, 2006 10:27:03 AM

I cant believe he would do that to his hair. I wonder if he got the idea for a perm when he was drunk?

Posted by: Hannah | Jul 17, 2006 10:29:32 AM

Wow. Just... wow.

Dierdre, don't try and pretend that you "can't get behind" Trent's 80's hair. Please. I know for a fact that, during the 80's, you preferred the nancy boy rockers with the big hair and even bigger eye makeup. I think you still must sleep with the pic of Nick Rhodes under your pillow. Or was is John Taylor? Either way... just sayin' you're so busted.

Posted by: Baal Glyttr | Jul 17, 2006 10:29:54 AM

WOW!

Posted by: Hannah | Jul 17, 2006 10:30:14 AM

You are fucking busted, Dierdre. So im making an assumption that you listened to 80's music too???

Posted by: Hannah | Jul 17, 2006 10:31:26 AM

Dierdre's boyfriend is the one with the sweatband and lovely cheekbones, FYI.

Hannah, I think you can assume that people who actually grew up in the 80's listened to 80's music.

Posted by: Baal Glyttr | Jul 17, 2006 10:36:29 AM