« [With_Toast: A_Miracle] | Main | [Absorbing: Saul_Williams] »

2006.07.27

[A_Few_Items_of_Business]

Firstly, I think you should all know that Paris is about 1 mile from the sun today. It is very fucking hot, and that means I will be cranky. So... fuck you all.

Especially you, Gabriel.

Secondly, I want to hereby make the final comment I ever hope to make on recent events here at WTC. While I prefer to allow this website to be a free, self-regulating, and open forum for everyone who loves Trent Reznor to absolute pieces (even fucktards like Gabriel who can't admit the shameful truth), it has been true in recent days that such a laissez-faire approach is not always posssible.

Everyone here who is a regular reader knows that we have a couple of commenting rules. First, we do not discuss Trent Reznor's lovelife here, because this is my website, and it rubs me the wrong way. We don't discuss the size of Trent Reznor's cock**, because that topic is banal and boring, and no one here cares if he's working the full nine inches, or, as Courtney Love so famously asserted, three inches of pure fury. Trent is Trent is Trent, and his cock, while I don't doubt that it is spectacularly magnificent in every single conceivable respect, is beside the point.

Likewise, we will not tolerate incessant spamming or flooding. We've seen our share of ungrammatical posts from awesome, haterific trolls, and frankly, we love them because they make us laugh. Just to be clear: we are not going to edit dissent from our pages, but the tsunami of meaningless, deeply tiresome crap we've had to wade through on this website for the past week or so is just too much trouble. In future, without comment and without regard to post content, any posts that are deemed by me, or any other editor of this site, to be spam or flooding will be deleted. Protests about such actions can be submitted by e-mail to any one of us (addresses at the bottom right of any page on this site), but I'll tell you fuckfaces (you know who you are) right now that the answer will probably be a bored and beleaguered "Go eat a bowl of dicks."

Meanwhile, I encourage all of you readers who truly do enjoy this charming website to avoid feeding the monkeys who are throwing poo around. Just ignore it. If you have questions, again, you can e-mail us, and our answers to you will probably be more like "Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!", unless you write to Gabriel; in that case, I can't vouch for what he might say, and you just have to take your chances.

Finally, I'm sure this got lost in the scrum somewhere, but the next item on our listening club schedule is Saul Williams's self-titled record. In my opinion, it's fucking great, and since our attempt to include him in our book club wasn't the hugest success, I thought we might be able to give him his due in listening to his record. Like always, even if you know this record well, give it a fresh listen. I can't wait to hear your comments, and we will discuss it on Monday.

Finally, let's just not forget one very important thing around here, ok?

Delicioustr

Trent Reznor is fucking scrumptious.

Love,
Dierdre

PS. I love you readers who send me pictures! You guys rule.

**Except Gabriel. Gabriel can feel free to discuss the size of Trent's cock ALL DAY LONG if he wants to. I certainly don't want to rein anything in that might be a boon to his sexual freedom, because God knows he needs all the help he can get.

Posted by Dierdre ~ in inside_dierdre | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [A_Few_Items_of_Business]:

Comments

Yeah, I'm sooooo ready to be done with that phase of WTC. Such a drag.

I'd also like to remind readers that if there are any problems in future, we will take care of them, but I really am going to have to start working at work sometime this week, and I can't be monitoring the board every second. So if there's a problem...don't panic! Completely ignore it, and Dierdre or Gabriel or I will attend to it as soon as we can. Unless it's Gabriel who's causing the problem. But we all know to ignore him and his crack problem.

Posted by: maise | Jul 27, 2006 5:38:05 AM

Oh, thank GOD. What a relief!

In other news, Dierdre, I could have you arrested for attempted murder for posting that photo. I'm struck anew by how *gigantic* his head and shoulders are. How on earth does he balance that shit on his tiny, boyish hips???

Posted by: Baal Glyttr | Jul 27, 2006 6:47:20 AM

Is it safe for me to de-lurk yet? 'Cause I've been like a little kid with their head under a blanket. You know, kinda afraid to look, but really bored at the same time.

Time Warner Cable's alternative station has a pic that it uses as the background when it doesn't have a pic available of the artist that happens to be playing. And this pic has the Coldplay guys, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, some other guys with loads of eyeliner that I don't recognize, but they're all tiny, in the background. Guess who's right up front, dominating the picture. Huge on my friends' big screen TV. Bulging arms, wicked, glittering eyes piercing the viewer, a hint of snarl with teeth, huge meathoots wrapped around a mike...guess who.

Too bad most of the stuff they play is really really shitty.

I guess my point is, can we finally talk about TR, please, please, pretty please? 'Cause I'm way freakin' bored over here. And wouldn't it be better to discuss all of Sparklepants' lurvly, lurvly albums before we start on other people? Everybody already has the required listening material. Or they should. Whoever doesn't is a filthy, ignorant unclean heathen pariah until they buy/beg/steal/"borrow" all of the Mighty Thewed One's albums. Seriously. God turns his face from you.

Oh, and by the way, Iris? Your toast=priceless. It is a miracle or buttery goodness.

Posted by: Muskles | Jul 27, 2006 6:48:55 AM

i know we aren't currently talking about Saul Williams, BUT, off of his self titled cd, i'd recommend List of Demands. kind of hiphop-ish, so if you don't like that... eh. get over it. it's a fantastic song for reckless, uninhibited, crazy dancing.

Posted by: Tori | Jul 27, 2006 6:52:57 AM

There aren't enough good things to be said for Saul Williams' self-titled album. The refreshing intelligence is my favorite aspect. But I'll save the SW discussion for that thread.

Posted by: maise | Jul 27, 2006 6:57:44 AM

Look how happy and relieved we all are! To our lurkers who may be a bit traumatized, I'm sorry things went where they did, but please be confident that we are *done with that shit*.

SOMEONE the other day was accusing me of being "a self congratulatory wanker" and "self-important"...someone who was "killing the fun." I think someone owes me A GREAT BIG APOLOGY.

Posted by: maise | Jul 27, 2006 7:00:45 AM

Maise, you are so playing with fire right now. Go girl, go!

Baal, one thing Trent does have is tight, hot little hips, and while I really like that pictrure, I can't help but think how much better it would be if he were NAKED, and in my bedroom.

Muskles, how about this: we will alternate between Trent's records and records by other artists. The reason I think this is better is because that stretches the collected ouevre of notre amour just a little farther, and I like to defer pleasure a little. Think about it this way: which is better, the moment just before you come, or the moment just after? This way we can enjoy the delicious anticipation for a lot longer.

Plus, that Saul Williams record really is PURE AWESOME.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 27, 2006 7:55:46 AM

I've got to say that I've never paid much attention to men's hips before visiting this site. Thanks for showing me the light.

Posted by: JR | Jul 27, 2006 7:59:39 AM

Well damn, when you put it that way...

Posted by: Muskles | Jul 27, 2006 7:59:57 AM

His hands look like they have industrial crushing powers these days.

Posted by: maise | Jul 27, 2006 8:14:33 AM

He's always had big, sexy meathooks, and I don't even want to THINK ABOUT what he could do with those multi-directional fingers, because that way madness lies.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jul 27, 2006 8:18:25 AM

Though it would be somewhat unsettling now with the Sgt Reznor look, once upon a time the fisting gloves set the hands off quite nicely. Especially when they were opera-length.

Posted by: JR | Jul 27, 2006 8:24:24 AM

JR, the opera-length fisting gloves combined with Colonel Reznor's current massive proportions would mean that he needs to just fucking give it up and become a go-go dancer at a gay nightclub. He can wear a g-string with suspenders and combat boots to go with them, and do that dance that big, buff muscleboys love doing so fucking much.

Personally, though, I would prefer it if he spared us.

Posted by: Jane | Jul 27, 2006 8:27:46 AM

Yeah, we can never again go back to the days of opera-length gloves, I'm afraid.

Trent, you also revoked your ability to dress like a fetishy boy-girl with pretty lipstick. But I'm really okay with that.

Posted by: maise | Jul 27, 2006 8:31:55 AM

Oh yeah, Jane, if he went in that direction now, I'd be more scared than turned on. Way more.

But this leads me to another thought: can we talk about his extreme level of grace? I was just watching old footage on YouTube, and he really moved gracefully. And, without question, there is a heavy level of grace in his music, always has been (and maybe even more with the new record). And it seems that now that he has grown out of being a boy and into his manhood, he's displaying grace on a different level (for instance, I love that he's auctioning off the guitars for charity, and went back to his old high school to be honored. NO WAY he woulda done that in, say, 95).

Gives me another level of respect for the man.

Posted by: JR | Jul 27, 2006 8:32:32 AM

Oops, by new record, I mean the one we're all here awaiting.

Posted by: JR | Jul 27, 2006 8:34:56 AM

He does seem to be a lot more relaxed and accepting of others and less driven by a need to look cooler and more nihilistic and darker and angrier than everyone else. And I love it. You are fucking awesome going back to your high school, and I mean that.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on that apology.

TERRIBLE GABE!

Posted by: maise | Jul 27, 2006 9:35:42 AM

He has a surprising physical grace now as well. Seeing him live last month, I was surprised. I expected the bullish charging around and knocking shit over, but he also has some of that old way of moving still, a prowly kind of physicality. I'm kinda repeating a redundant theme here, but that SHIT IS HAWT. Damn.

Huge, prowly beast is such an improvement over falling-down-drunk and coked up weirdness, I just don't have words for it.

Way to go, Sparklepants, you're the Rey Mysterio of rock stars. And my hero. :)

Posted by: Muskles | Jul 27, 2006 9:47:47 AM

AMEN!

Posted by: JR | Jul 27, 2006 10:14:14 AM

Ah, the sounds of silence. Not that I don't want to read all the witty repartee that is posted on a fast day here at WTC (provided a bare minimum effort is made towards proper grammar and punctuation), but I must say I'm enjoying it.

Posted by: Jane | Jul 27, 2006 12:06:28 PM

The peace, the calm and thoughtful responses...we should have set up these rules a month ago. I mean, it's all well and good to set ourselves up as the Statue of Liberty of NIN sites ("Give me your misunderstood, your infatuated, the huddled masses banned from other sites..."), but we all have to read this shit too. If it makes us hypocrites in the eyes of some--who cares? This is glorious!

Posted by: maise | Jul 27, 2006 1:08:24 PM

yay! Dierdre i'm so glad you've picked Saul Williams' album! I've been hooked ever since I saw Saul open up for NIN in March. I love "list of demands" and "Act III scene 2". His music is so powerful and smart, I can't wait to hear what him and Trent have been working on.

Posted by: Kimberly | Jul 27, 2006 5:58:55 PM

First, I would like to say I support Diedre and Maise. I expect that if I post something unacceptable I don't expect to see it. Since you guys are "in charge" you have to direct the site to where you want it too go.

I agree Trent does have a certain grace when he moves. Maybe he is so use to doing those moves that they are second nature. Or maybe he took a ballet class or two. Imagine Trent in tights. Actually, that thought is kind of appealing to me.

Iris love that you saw Trent in your toast. I should be as lucky.

clara

Posted by: clara | Jul 27, 2006 9:22:58 PM

This talk of Trent's hips reminded me of a concert moment I forgot to share that I know you'll love. You know how when you wear tight pants and bend over or move around a lot they tend to fall down? At one the shows, Trent was at the back of the stage getting some water or a guitar or something, and I saw him hike up those tight pants he wears. It was awesome.

Posted by: RL | Jul 27, 2006 9:40:57 PM

You know it’s so nice to be able to come back on this late, not see 4 million posts, and try to rack my brain of new ways to call somebody a fucktard, o escritura con jeroME ;). I can finally go back to my nice, mild mannered self.

So I get that we’re prolonging the pleasure with reviewing the NIN records, lovely analogy D. Does this also mean that we’re going to be going in order released? And would that include all the halos or just the major ones?

Jane, I can so see Trent’s gay bar dancing abilities peeking through with that little tambourine dance he does. He’s got the moves alright. But it would be like a train accident that you couldn’t look away from.

Posted by: Iris | Jul 27, 2006 10:39:43 PM