« [Concert_Review: Des_Moines,_IA_2-16-06] | Main | [Dear_Trent_#_31] »

2006.02.27

[Call_&_Response_#_11]

Damn, you guys! Trent never blogs for us anymore, does he? Plus, reports are that he's still giving The Spiral folks The Silent Treatment. But, you know what? I think we all know what Trent wants to tell us, don't we? Let's write his blog and message board posts for him, shall we?

Our own Maise has a jumpstart on us. She claims that she could totally save Trent some valuable time by taking on the job herself, and that she'd even do it for free. Trent, if you're out there, I think you could really benefit from a deal like that...

Here's his blog, as penned by Maise, thus far:

[02_25_06]

That late-night trip to Denny's didn't sit so well with me.

2:23am_PST

[02_26_06]

I really want to like Bode Miller, but he keeps on choking and talking like a total douche.

1:45pm_PST

[02_27_06]

Grumpy.  Tired.

5:48pm_PST

[2_27_06]

I am drowning in mucus.

1:30am_PST

[2_28_06]

Some asshole in a Volvo totally cut off our bus just now. I flipped him off, but I don't think he saw me.

10:41am_PST

Not bad, I'd say.

Ok, so we all know his blogging style, right? Brief, cryptic, and faintly snide, right? In message board posts, I'd say that he runs more towards the pissed-off, defensive, and bitchy.

Let's see what you got.

Posted by Dierdre ~ in call_&_response / with_questions, wtc_guest_contributions | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Call_&_Response_#_11]:

Comments

That guy!! Just when I post this, he goes ahead and BLOGS IT UP!

This just in from the big giant head:

[02_27_2006]

Hello all-
The "illness" that's causing the postponement of tonight's show is me. I'm the sickest I've felt in a long time and there's no way I could've pulled off a show tonight. Please know I hate to do this, sorry for the inconvenience.

10:29am_PST

Oh! Poor Trent! I hope he feels better soon.

Posted by: Dierdre | Feb 27, 2006 12:40:17 PM

i recommend he do what i did last night when i was struck with the asthma attack of all asthma attacks: watch law and order, drink water, and hope for death.

Posted by: Jane C. | Feb 27, 2006 1:04:06 PM

That's actually pretty verbose. Poor Trent...get well soon! We all love you (as loaded of a statement as that is), even when we totally sound like smart-asses.

Speaking of which...

[2_28_06]

The Dog just snapped at Aaron, but he had it coming.

3:14pm_PST

Posted by: maise | Feb 27, 2006 1:05:22 PM

[2_27_06]

christ, how long can it take to make some fucking tea?

3:47pm_PST

Posted by: Jane C. | Feb 27, 2006 1:47:45 PM

[3_01_06]

Goddamn teenagers.

4:45pm_PST

Posted by: maise | Feb 27, 2006 2:52:42 PM

now he sounds like a crotchety old next-door neighbor.

mmm... trent reznor living next door would be a dramatic improvement on either my college or home next door neighbors. but something tells me he would be a lawn care fascist.

Posted by: Jane C. | Feb 27, 2006 3:27:59 PM

[2_28_06]

Maine is cold. The fucking nearest 7-11 is two towns over. I think I should put "Maybe Just Once" on the next release. I'm not pissing off my ingrate fans enough.

I should be in amherst right now.

Posted by: Nicole | Feb 27, 2006 3:42:47 PM

9:45am_PST
Sorry. forgot the time.

Posted by: Nicole | Feb 27, 2006 3:44:06 PM

[3_02_06]

It was a mistake to Google my ex. :(

It's a pain in the ass to Google myself.

2:04am_PST

[3_03_06]

This sandwich order is all fucked up. Did they apply the mayo with a paint roller? Jesus.

12:23pm_PST

Posted by: maise | Feb 27, 2006 4:15:29 PM

Wow, I hope Trent's gonna be OK. I was supposed to see NIN today, but when I arrived at the venue, the flyers said the show's being postponed til next friday (and the venue didn't find out 'til about 11:30am that the show was not taking place so I drove up there for nothin *lol*.)
Sounds like he needs us all to come by and nurse him back to health ;o)

Posted by: Kimberly | Feb 27, 2006 6:45:15 PM

[3_11_06]

I'm not sure which is worse, the old Jewish women or the old Catholic men.

12:23am_PST

Posted by: Tori | Feb 27, 2006 6:52:24 PM

These are cracking me up.

Kimberly, I was suposed to go to the show today too. I checked nin.com right before I left the house thankfully.

I hope Trent is well enough for Portland tomorrow.

Oh and one more:

[3_01_06]

This hotel is repulsive, I can't fucking sleep. I asked for AT LEAST 400 thread count. This can't be more than 200. This shit is becoming unbearable.

2:06am_PST

Posted by: Nicole | Feb 27, 2006 8:10:43 PM

Jane C, you should know that as I was swimming tonight, every now and then the words "crotchety old next-door neighbor" would pop into my head, cracking me up and causing me to nearly drown. Too funny.

Posted by: maise | Feb 27, 2006 8:44:55 PM

maise- i live to amuse. and come on, trent reznor guest starring as the batty next-door neighbor is something i yearn to see.

Posted by: Jane C. | Feb 27, 2006 11:00:45 PM

[2_28_06]

I miss Gabriel's cranky hysteria.

11:26pm_PST

Posted by: maise | Feb 27, 2006 11:26:35 PM

[3_01_06]

I wish I weren't such a fucking pussy.

3:46am_PST

Posted by: Dom | Feb 28, 2006 1:22:41 AM

Oh my god.

If you check nin.com right now it says updated 2-27-06 from Danvers MA

Danvers MA is a little suburb of boston, where I happen to live!

Trent Reznor is/was in MY town. I'm trying really hard not to get all fangirl about it.

Posted by: Nicole | Feb 28, 2006 5:24:12 AM

I know how you feel, Nicole. After Ewan McGregor did his big motorcycle tour around the world, I discovered that he had spent the night in nearby Naperville and stopped by the city to go see a play at the Steppenwolf, etc. Of course, it's not as though I would have recognized him due to the terrifying beard he grew on the journey.

Posted by: maise | Feb 28, 2006 7:08:08 AM

[2_28_06]

Dom can suck my weighty, impossible-to-ignore, asteroid-like balls.

7:09am_PST

Posted by: maise | Feb 28, 2006 7:10:24 AM

I love you guys.

Posted by: Alana | Feb 28, 2006 9:54:12 AM

[2_28_06]

Some dumb bitch in a green honda drove right up to the bus as we were leaving the sheriton ferncroft and asked if Trent was still here and it's too bad he's too sick to perform.

I pointed and laughed at her from the tinted window.

2:09pm_PST

He was staying at the hotel right next to my college. the crew was loading some things on the bus as a drove up, a fat guy told me I had a nice nin sticker on my car.

I feel abandoned for some reason I can't figure out.

Posted by: Nicole | Feb 28, 2006 11:14:01 AM

[2_28_06]

I wonder if Dierdre still loves me?

2:38am_PST

Posted by: Jane | Feb 28, 2006 11:20:04 AM

[2_28_06]

I wonder if they'd let me on Skating with Celebrities.

1:30pm_PST

Posted by: maise | Feb 28, 2006 11:30:19 AM

Oh, and this will be his next Spiral board rant:

I have had it up to here with all of your bullshit. You don't like it? Tough. Who's in charge? Trent's in charge. You fucking 20 yr olds who never leave the house...go crochet yourself a Fall Out Boy sweater. Go draw some Green Day fan art. Just stop wasting my fucking time. I could be on the elliptical right now or playing Need for Speed on my Xbox 360. You think this has been a "silent treatment?" Wait til the release date of my next album: 2011. Eat it, you punk-ass bitches.

Posted by: maise | Feb 28, 2006 11:39:44 AM

[2_28_06]

What am I talking about? Of course Dierdre still loves me. I must be delerious.

2:45am_PST