« [With_Questions: Why_I_Come_Correct] | Main | [Gabriel>Trent] »

2005.11.06

[Jerome_The_Vampire: Van_Rezning,_Part_II]

You’re staring at his stupid grin while he’s passed out on the sofa in front of the snowy television screen. You’ve given him the night to reflect on what he’s done. So far Musclehead hasn’t tried to break the door down. He may still be passed out in the hallway. Hopefully someone will just think it’s another relapse.
         But what to do about Aaron. Isn’t that always the question? He’s so young, so he doesn’t really know any better. Still, youth is no excuse for carelessness.
         Aaron stirs and his eyelids crack open, covered in sleep. You have this maternal urge to wipe them off, but you hold yourself back. It’s time to be serious now.
         “Sleep well?”
         “Mmmmmffff,” he replies, sitting up straight. “Not really. Why?”
         “Do you remember anything that happened last night?”
         “Ummm…” he smacks his lips together in that most adorable way. “I remember that I threw Trent outta the room. That was fun. It felt really good! Just like you said it would.”  Aaron saunters past you and heads to the bathroom.
         “You do realize what this means, though, don’t you?”
         “What?” Aaron can’t hear you over the sound of the gurgling toilet.
         “You’ll have to leave the band.”
         Aaron chews on the toothbrush in his mouth, looking quite rabid with the foam pouring down the side of his face.
         “I have to what?”
         “If you want to avoid all questions and suspicions, you’ll have to leave.”
         “Leave? But I don’t wanna leave. Not after everything you showed me. This is the best job in the world.”
         “And that is exactly why you have to leave. You’ve done too much. It’s one thing to throw Trent across the stage in performance. It’s another thing to throw him into a hallway in the middle of the night.”
         “But I did it all for you,” Aaron cries. “I did everything to save your ass. To protect you.”
         “I’m sorry, my friend. You have been nothing but loyal to me, but now that you’re about to find yourself in quite a mess, I would suggest that you quietly pack your things and go. I’ll call you later once everything’s died down.”
         “But,” and his pouty face looks so very sad, you very nearly want to coddle him, “he was going to find out, and he was going to hurt you, and I couldn’t let that happen.”
         Oh my good gracious. Young Aaron is really that stupid, isn’t he?
         “And now what? You don’t think he’ll suspect that it’s you who’s been killing all the girls after your buck fifty body threw his two and a quarter head into the hallway like a GI Joe doll?”
         “Maybe he got amnesia when he hit his head.”
         “Good lord, Aaron, you are one dumb fuck.”
         You start to gather his things, throwing them into a dufflebag. If he doesn’t understand the words you are saying, maybe he’ll understand the actions. You zip up the top, and hand him the heavy satchel. He gives you an icy stare.
         “This is all your fault,” he says in a stone cold voice that you would never imagine him using. Wait, is he actually standing up to you? You feel your jaw muscles tightening, and the skin of your face is being pulled forward as your canines protrude from your lips.
         “What did you say to me?” you growl at him in your voice of the Undead.
         “You’re just trying to save your own ass.”
         Now you know his temper is rising because of the changes in his body. And he may or may not even mean what he says right now. But this has to be nipped in the bud. Aaron has to remember who’s in charge.
         “Don’t speak to me like that.”
         “Fuck you, Jerome, you fucking piece of shit. I’m tired of doing all the work. Finding the girls, bringing them to you, making the cuts, watching you take first feed and then I’m lucky if there’s anything left for me, and then getting shit on for not putting the bodies away properly, and worse, getting shit on for defending you against Stinky the Dumb Fuck.”
         There’s only one thing to do when the minions get this unruly…
         “Wait, wait, what the hell…”
         You walk towards him, your outstretched fingers growing thinner and their nails sharper by the second. You wrap your hand around his throat, and hold him taut.
         “Jerome, wait. I…”
         With your other hand, you dislocate his shoulders by pulling on his forearms. Paralyzed with terror, he lowers his eyes away from yours.
         “No Master, no. Forgive me, Master.”
         Aaron is crying out in pain, but the suffering has barely begun. You grasp his hands inside yours, and crush the tiny bones in his fingers.
         “AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHH!!!!”
         As he screams in agony, you yank on what’s left of each wrist, and pull the shoulders completely away. Precious blood is pouring from the orifices where his arms used to be. With your claws, you slash open his chest, chewing to rip the flesh away from his torso. Feeding on a fellow vampire is always so much more satisfying, like eating a spinach salad after weeks of consuming assorted brown foods like chicken fingers (what a misnomer) and fries.
         You’re ravenous now. With your hands you tear away the remaining muscle tissue from his bones, and feast as quickly as you can. You slice open his voice box so that the screaming will stop and your ears can settle back into listening to nothing but the sound of your bites. Bits of pink guts are splashing on your shirt. No matter; you can always leave your laundry for the hotel staff to clean up.
         There’s a pounding at the door as someone tries to break it down. Wiping your mouth with the back of your hand, you look up in time to see the door busted down by Stinky Musclehead. You leap back, hoping that he hasn’t seen you in your current state.
         “Oh my God!” he cries, rushing to kneel beside Aaron’s remains. “What the fuck happened…?” He looks over at you, and his stare turns to shock, as he’s surely noticed the blood dripping down your fangs. You smile.
         And you say, “And now I’ll take care of you.”

Posted by Mimi Jones-Taylor in tales_of_terror | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Jerome_The_Vampire: Van_Rezning,_Part_II]:

Comments

Okay, sis. In spite of the fact that we're not talking right now, I do have to say that this was a great installment. At least your writing hasn't gone down the shitter with the rest of your brain. Truce?

Posted by: Buttercup | Nov 6, 2005 7:17:13 AM

Mimi, I want to hate you, but I just can't, if you're going to keep writing hilarious shit like this.

Love the gore. LOVE IT!

Posted by: Jane | Nov 6, 2005 7:21:40 AM

Yes, Mimi, I have to say that the phrase "two and a quarter head" has caused me to forgive a lot of recent trauma.

Run, Trent, run!

Posted by: maise | Nov 6, 2005 7:35:06 AM

Fabulous Mimi! Ooh Trent is in deep shit! :D

Posted by: Kate | Nov 6, 2005 10:47:51 AM

why did Aaron have to die?

I saw Trent almost throw Aaron off the stage in Philly, not kidding. Wonder if inside he wanted to throw Trent down?

I just got back. I had the most amazing weekend. I'll write about it when I get settled in.

Meantime, I must go pout for poor Aaron! MIMI!???

Posted by: bex | Nov 7, 2005 3:05:27 PM

Bex, are you transferring your affection to Aaron now? He seems like a total punk. Where is the love for Signor Cortini? Are we daunted by the Italian language? What's the problem here?

Regardless, we need a FULL report! Were you the one who made out with Trent?

Posted by: maise | Nov 7, 2005 4:05:00 PM

Brilliant work Mims. I'm really proud of you.

IM me later so we can talk about WTC. I think it's time we make you a bigger part of the site.

Posted by: Gabriel | Nov 7, 2005 4:21:00 PM

I love Allesandro very much too. But Aaron is so much fun in concert. And poor thing got knocked off the stage by the Rezonator.

BTW, Trent looks really good. I was standing near his personal trainer after the concert last night. Is not a very tall guy either...those two almost have the same build.

I didn't make out with Trent in Philly. I wasn't on the railing. Trent wasn't sure if he made out with a male or female, I couldn't get a clear view of who it was either. Regardless, he really seemed to enjoy it, and that's all that matters.

I have a pick from Aaron, a litho from all 3 shows I went to, and some t's.

The pics I took will probably suck, but if not, I will post links. We were not allowed to take pics in the soundchecks (I got into 3 of them! Philly's was the best).
I heard Dead Souls played 4 times in less than a week!

I will plan on writing up a full report tomorrow of my adventures. Philly & W.B. were much more interesting than DC (the Philly show was amazing).

I almost bailed on work and drove to Boston so I could go to the show tomorrow, but came home instead. It was tempting, but I've only had 10 hours of sleep in the past 3 days.

Entirely too much fun!!!!!!!!!

Word still is, January, another leg of the tour, in smaller cities. I'm still not giving up that Jerome might come back

Posted by: bex | Nov 7, 2005 7:28:10 PM

Merci tout le monde for all of your kind comments. J'espere que le mariage de Dierdre will still happen permis all the riots in Paris.

And oui oui mon cher, I will AIM you later. Merci encore.

Posted by: Mimi | Nov 7, 2005 7:36:35 PM

Warning: I just woke up and am a little cranky. Was going to get some creative writing accomplished, but was foiled by my husband's INTERMINABLE game of "Civilization." (Bah to our one computer in our one-fucking-bedroom apartment!) So I fell asleep in protest.

Smaller cities, huh?

Well, if Trent's just *dying* to hit Peoria, I'm sure I could make a road trip. (Note to Trent: they apparently have a really famous strip club there, but I really don't think it's worth all the trouble. Anything in Illinois outside of Chicago = a hole. And I say that as a Hoosier, born and bred.) But I really do *strongly* encourage him to return to Chicago, *especially* in January, when weather-related suicidal impulses are at their peak.

I don't want to hear about how you got "Dead Souls" four times in one week, seeing as I got it all of ZERO times (the one thing I'm a little bitter about).

In regards to the setlist, it's Confession Time: I could give a shit about "Burn," (okay song from a shitty movie, but it's not "Dead Souls") "Reptile," (MAJOR virgin-whore complex, gets annoying in light of the fact that all gossipy evidence points to Trent himself being a total slut) "Eraser," (I don't dislike it, but blaaaaaah; give me "The Becoming" 500 times a day and I would beg for more) and "Suck." I know that Dierdre (whom I have not forgotten despite Gabriel's best efforts) would really kill me for the latter, but I've listened to it about 800 times and despite Trent's assertion that he feels so dirty, I just can't get into it. There. I've said it.

Now despite the above bitchiness, I have to say that I LOVED every second of the concert I was at. Even the songs I'm not in love with sounded fantastic. It's just that when I hear about him playing the songs I'm *really* in love with, that I knew I wouldn't get, I'm like, "Whaaaa???" It's to be expected, I guess. And thank God we weren't subjected to "Starfuckers, Inc." although if he would have brought Billy Corgan onstage for some mud wrestling at that time, that would have been cool.

Anyway, Bex, sounds like you had a fantastic time! I hope it made up for all your recent stress!

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2005 12:36:46 AM

Smaller US cities? Jesus, when is he going to Europe, and, while he's there, can he please go get Dierdre's head out of her ass? I love JTV, but holy fuck is this site ever getting boring.

Not that you, Maise, aren't totally making it worth reading anyway. We have to stick together, man. Although, I have to tell you: I think "dead souls" is a bit boring, "burn" fucking rocks ass, and "suck" totally brilliant. "eraser" might have seen it's heyday back in the days of destruction, (have you seen the video of it in "closure"? Totally. Brilliant.), but yeah, "the becoming" is undeniable.

Personally, I want "sunspots". Also, I am a HUGE FAN of "metal".

Posted by: Jane | Nov 8, 2005 1:11:27 AM

I'm very happy I didn't have to endure Starfuckers. I really dislike it. I didn't have any problems with anything he did. I would have liked to have had A_With_Teeth_a though. I wanted La Mer, but I missed my chance on that 5 years ago. I was just happy to be there. I met a lot of people I've been talking to on line for months. That alone made everything awesome, but then 3 great shows, 3 soundchecks, then receiving gift litho's and Aaron's pick, and ALMOST getting to meet some of the band (maybe next time), I have never had this much fun.

When I told my husband I was being offered entry into the Boston show, and potentially a place to stay, he told me I should have gone. I came home because I figure everything's went to shit at my job (today will NOT be fun) and I best get back. The past several days totally made up for the past few months of hell. I have a different perspective of life right now. It includes the idea that I cannot let all the everyday shit & stress get to me (fuck it;it's not worth an ulcer and gray hair!).

If we get a new leg in January, even if I have to max out fucking charge cards, I'm doing it all over again. I want 3 to 4 concerts, and meetups with the same folks I met. As tired as I am right now, I could give a shit. I'd do it all over again, and soon!

Posted by: bex | Nov 8, 2005 3:33:39 AM

And, might I add, than you TR, I needed that!

(Just some info; I read a thread Trent started the morning of the WB show saying he woke up tired, but really appreciated all the effort people made coming to multiple shows following them. He said he recognizes the same faces out there, etc. I thought it was a nice of him to put that out there. What a bitch that after that, he gets a shitty turnout in WB with curtain fuckups, and an audience of hillbillies. There was indeed a tantrum, but he was still very gracious to the audience. I'm glad he knows all the aggravation isn't in vain.)

Posted by: bex | Nov 8, 2005 3:41:07 AM

Yes to "Sunspots" and YES to the titular song of the tour! How can you call the tour "With Teeth" and not play it?

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2005 5:44:10 AM

Oh, and Jane?

I was taken to task for it, but I *still* maintain that without Dierdre, WTC is not the WTC we know and love.

Right now, we're kind of like ETS, except we don't have 500 people writing, "Oh my God, we're discussing something gossipy and interesting! Lock this thread! Lock this thread!"

But a nice long photo essay and a good D&G fight really make this place worthwhile.

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2005 6:48:33 AM

Gabriel and Mimi... I'm fucking BORED at this point.

bex: I love you, but I HATE Aaron! I hate how he wields his guitar as though it were nunchuks. That guy is a complete tool. I'm glad Trent smacked his punk ass down.

maise: boys and their video games... I have to confess, I'm guilty as well. And I'm not even a boy anymore, really.

Posted by: Baal Glyttr | Nov 8, 2005 8:40:43 AM

It's been a while since I checked in. I'm sorry to see that Dierdre's gone for good. I did like her, but maybe it was for the best. Sometimes you can't stop yourself around certain people no matter how hard you try so you just have to erase them from your brain. I didn't think that was necessary but I got myself into a bit of trouble last weekend with an ex. I wasn't expecting to run into him and he's not as good-looking as I remember but sometimes it's just about a person's personality and a good bottle of wine, you know? Things didn't go too far but I still feel pretty shitty about it. So if you really love someone, sometimes you just have to say that's enough and let go. And believe me.....I'm letting go. Never again! I make mistakes from time to time but I learn from them.

It's too bad for this website though because I'm not such a big fan of Mr. Gabriel. But then I wound up here on a lark anyway and this music is mostly for you kids. I'm sure this Trent person wouldn't want to see some old granny-to-be at his show!

Posted by: Been There Done That | Nov 8, 2005 9:06:17 AM

Posted by: Been There Done That | Nov 8, 2005 9:07:34 AM

What Baal said.

Also, agreed re: Aaron. What a numbnuts.

Furthermore, if you think "..." was Trent's tersest update ever you have GOT to pick up what he's layin' down right now.

Posted by: Jane | Nov 8, 2005 9:07:34 AM

I think we can classify the new update as more of a pregnant pause...

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2005 9:14:25 AM

It's official that Typepad SUCKS ASS.

As I was trying to say...

I think Trent's update is not so much an expression of terseness as a pregnant pause.

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2005 9:15:59 AM

It's official that Typepad SUCKS ASS.

As I was trying to say...

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2005 9:17:37 AM

Ahhh, it's like deja vu! Make it stop!

Posted by: maise | Nov 8, 2005 9:24:07 AM

He made a nice post to the fans on the spiral. I appreciated it. But a blank page under TR? Perhaps just nothing to say.

Oh, Aaron. I like him. But seems I'm always opposite here than everyone else

Posted by: bex | Nov 8, 2005 10:37:53 AM

Looks like some posts are missing???

Anyhow, this was taken from the Philly show thread for any interested:

"When Trent got in the crowd for Closer it was nuts. Everyone was trying to touch him. I was lucky enough to be able to lean over and pretty much be face to side of face with him and touch his head and back and sing along when he was singing.
"

A guy posted that, so perhaps Trent was making out with many people at once. LOL!

Posted by: bex | Nov 8, 2005 10:58:46 AM