« [Head_Like_A_Whore] | Main | [Dear_Trent:_Au_Revoir] »

2005.10.29

[Jerome_The_Vampire: Van_Rezning, Part_I]

So you’re crashed out in your hotel room, watching TV.  Aaron is curled up at the other end of the sofa. He’s worked hard to find you some really good medicine. It’s so difficult to find chicks who aren’t anemic, especially ones who follow this band, but somehow your little minx has done it. Your eyelids begin to weigh heavily as you catch the evening news from Atlanta. A NIN logo in the top right corner catches your eye.

"Another dead body has turned up behind an arena the morning after a show by the industrial rock band, Nine Inch Nails. 21-year-old Marcia Tucker, a resident of Orlando, was found lying in the dumpster area of the TD Waterhouse Center early this morning by local cleanup crews. Tucker’s body was covered with bruises and two large cuts along her neckline. Police reported some sexual trauma to the body. Police are still mystified by the lack of blood at the scene itself, which appears to indicate that Tucker may have been placed in the dumpster area post-mortem."

“Shit!”
          You shake Aaron like a cold martini.
          “Wake up, you dumb fuck.”
          “Huh?” he mutters, his eyes half open.
          “Watch this,” you cry, pointing at the television.

"There have been a series of homicides following the Nine Inch Nails tour across the country. Starting in Los Angeles, where the body of 19-year-old Annika VanderLingen was discovered in the parking lot of the Hollywood Bowl with similar injuries, Tucker’s is the sixth body to turn up during this month of the tour alone."

“You got careless,” you scream at Aaron.
          “I thought I hid her body well.” He’s fully awake now, and the fear of your wrath engulfs his eyeballs.
          “She wasn’t inside the dumpster. You put her beside the dumpster. I told you to chop her into bits and throw her into one of Jeordie’s guitar cases. What part of that do you not understand?”
           You raise your hand as high as your voice.
          “Forgive me,” Aaron cowers. You both turn towards the television as you see Trent’s muscle-filled head appear on screen.

"This has been called a 'comeback tour' for Nine Inch Nails.  Their CD With Teeth is the band’s first studio release since 1999, and the first after lead singer Trent Reznor’s much publicly discussed battle with drugs and alcohol. The tour has been plagued with mishaps and general bad luck since it began in September of this year, from drummer Jerome Dillon’s onstage collapse due to heart problems, poor ticket sales, hurricanes and now this string of homicides. When asked about these problems, lead singer Reznor said, 'We are going to continue on with this tour no matter what. That is what I want to do, and that is what our fans have demanded. We are here for our fans, who have stuck by me through thick and thin, and will, I believe, continue to do so even through this crisis.'"

You can’t help but fall down on the sofa laughing. You look at Aaron, who sits frozen, waiting for your permission. You nod. He breaks out in full glee, rolling next to you.
          There’s a loud pounding at the door. Giggling, you look at your minion, who has already leapt to his feet and is reaching for the knob. Musclehead storms into the room.
          “Fuck, what the hell is wrong with you two?” he screams. He’s always screaming these days, moody fucker.
           “What?” you say.
           “There are dead girls popping up at almost every gig, and I find you two in here fucking laughing about it?”
          You look at Aaron. He knows what you want him to say.
          “Dude, what the hell? We can’t laugh anymore when we’re around you? You can’t always let yourself get weighed down by the dark side of life, dude. If we didn’t laugh, we’d be terrified.”
          That was a little too much. You’ve really gotta learn to turn down the telepathy. You can’t make Aaron sound smarter than he is. Too late. Rezzie’s giving Aaron a death look.
          “You’re laughing to release tension, then?” Rez asks pointedly. You’d better answer this one yourself.
          “Yeah, sorta,” you say. “I mean, what else can we do? Worry that every single person traveling with us is some type of serial killer? I mean, how do we know that you’re not the one slicing these chicks to death?”
          “What?”
          Good, his temper’s getting out of control and he’s about to have a fit. He’ll completely forget about Aaron’s beacon of wisdom.
           “Are you fucking accusing me of doing this shit? After everything I’ve fucking done for you? I could’ve fucking left you back in Cali, tending to your fucking garden. But you said you’d be okay because of your new meds. What the fuck kind of meds are they anyways? Ones that make you completely fucking paranoid and stupid? You’ve got a lotta balls, fucker.”
           “Don’t talk to him like that.”
           Shit, no, Aaron…not now. You try your hardest to get him back under control, but his adrenaline is too strong. It’s sweet in a way, though, how he stands up for you.
           “What the fu…?”
           Before Rezzie’s even finished the thought, Aaron’s picked him up. Trent’s body makes a crunching noise as his back slides down the far wall next to the bathroom, leaving a dent in the drywall. Unfortunately, he hasn’t passed out.
           Aaron picks him up by the throat.
           “Leave my master alone, bitch.”
           He bodyslams Trent onto the floor, holding him down by standing with one foot on his chest.
           “Next time, treat people with respect instead of screaming at them.”
           “What the fuck has gotten into you?” Trent can barely speak.
           “This is what happens when I take out my anger on people. Do you fucking like it, bitch?”
          Aaron picks him up, opens the door, and flings Trent into the hallway.
           “Come back when you’ve learned some respect.”
          Aaron slams the door, and smiles at you. You don’t know whether to kiss him or kill him. He’s a wonderful hero who’s just ruined the party, and there’s nothing you can do but wait for the fallout.

Posted by Mimi Jones-Taylor in tales_of_terror | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Jerome_The_Vampire: Van_Rezning, Part_I]:

Comments

Dudes! Mimi is psychic!

Posted by: Jane | Oct 29, 2005 12:37:43 AM

Oh thank God that *actual Trent tossing* is taking place in this series!

Posted by: maise | Oct 29, 2005 7:01:21 AM

awesome, mimi

Posted by: Lolly | Oct 29, 2005 9:50:58 AM

Aaron tossing Trent around? I fucking love it. Mimi this story is so humorous and awesomely awesome. Keep it up!

Posted by: NIcole | Oct 29, 2005 10:36:09 AM

I hope we get some serious vampire sex on Trent before this series is over! Nice work, Mimi.

Posted by: Baal Glyttr | Oct 29, 2005 12:42:34 PM

Now, where are the vampire brides? Huh? I insist on succubi if there's to be any vampire sex involving Trent.

Cracking good story, Mimi, as usual.

Posted by: emerald527 | Oct 29, 2005 2:43:43 PM

I guess you all may have heard by now, Jerome has posted he will not be returning to NIN. He is about to release his nearLY project. I've heard bits...it's amazing..he's amazing.

However, the thought that I don't know when I'll get to see Jerome perform has left me very saddened and empty.

I will attending my NIN shows heavy hearted.

Mimi, this installment cheered me up a bit!

I love it Aaron throwing TR's bitch ass around.

That'll teach musclehead! LOL!

Mimi, you're the greatest!!!

Posted by: bex | Oct 29, 2005 6:15:43 PM

The latest from Trent:

[10_29_2005]
What a couple of days... We arrived in New Orleans Friday morning. A friend of mine at the mayor's office arranged for us to see the lower ninth ward that afternoon. I can't begin to express what I saw there. Utter, complete, incomprehensible devastation. Rob will soon be posting some photos, but you truly can not get a sense of how bad this is until you see it.
These people have lost everything. A large portion of the city is simply GONE. I realized I had been assuming things were getting "back to normal" here, but it will be a very long time before that happens - if ever.
200,000 people have been displaced, 7,000 are still unaccounted for. The mainstream media has begun to move on as the story takes a back seat to Bush's latest string of failures, but these people and this city need - and will continue to need - a lot of help. One of the reasons I felt it was important to attempt to have Voodoo IN New Orleans was to keep the spotlight on the city. To let people on the outside know this tragedy involves far more than turning the power back on.
I'm writing this riding on the bus to Memphis. The show in New Orleans went really well. Having Saul play with us was really great - I totally respect him as an artist and a person. The weather was perfect and the spirits of everyone involved were high. It was so nice to see so many faces from my past... and everyone really seemed to appreciate having something to take their minds off of what they're going through. I spent some time with Mayor Ray Nagin and I'm very impressed with that man. Throughout the storm and consequences that followed, he struck me as one of the few people who wasn't bullshitting us and genuinely trying everything he could to remedy the situation. Today, he's providing determined leadership that's confident the city can be rebuilt - the right way.
I'm fading out now. Lots of emotions. I don't want to leave.

10:06pm_PST

Where's Dierdre? I need to read about how much someone loves Trent.

Posted by: Jane | Oct 30, 2005 1:04:43 AM

Bex, Notice there is no mention of the departure of Jerome?

Here's why: IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Posted by: Jane | Oct 30, 2005 1:17:07 AM

Oh, come ON, D...not only is he HOTT, but he's also PHILANTHROPICC and LIBERALL. You know you love him; we all do. And we miss you! Come back!

Posted by: maise | Oct 30, 2005 4:41:22 AM

"I spent some time with Mayor Ray Nagin and I'm very impressed with that man. "

I can't believe Trent thinks this of that Mayor? Trent, if he tried everything he could, why where there all of those buses unstaffed waiting to remove citizens before the storm? Why weren't plans put into action sooner? Everyone knew Katrina was out there and huge. I blame all involved for the failure to protect the folks of NO. Just the way I see it.

Off topic, I move on. I don't relate to Trent in many ways. It's okay though. I like his music quite a bit.

Jane, it doesn't matter to me if Jerome is not important to Trent. Jerome is important to me.

Posted by: bex | Oct 30, 2005 8:25:28 AM

Gab. can you please give us a D. update here.

We are all concerned and wondering...

Thanks.

Posted by: bex | Oct 30, 2005 8:43:39 AM

Jerome is a pussy.

Posted by: anonymous | Oct 30, 2005 8:46:52 AM

Of course Trent's not going to comment. He was obviously an assshole -- yet again -- to another person that worked for him, and when he revealed his asshole self in the current situation Jerome decided to move on. Good for Jerome, I hope he throws Trent against more walls in JTV, and FUCK YOU anonymous for your comment. Not only does it make no sense, it demonstrates your complete and innate inability to read subtext into any given statement. You're the kinda douchebag that hears "it's not you, it's me" and actually thinks the person's breaking up with you because of their own issues and not because they can't stand your boring ass and are throwing you a bone.

Bex, I don't know shit, and I'm tired of Dierdre's fucking game playing. Fucking Michel took to threatening me yesterday on the phone when I tried calling Dierdre again yesterday, and she'll respond neither by email nor comments, apparently. The girl is fucked in the head, and I don't know if she's worth saving anymore.

Posted by: Gabriel | Oct 30, 2005 9:55:41 AM

I'm worried about D too... =/

Posted by: Kim | Oct 30, 2005 4:59:56 PM

Bonsoir, tout le monde! Merci encore for the complements. I am sorry Gabriel that Michel has taken to threatening you. Dierdre is not answering my e-mails non plus. Peut-etre she is staying away from the computer because she is having un week-end romantique avec son amoureux, and they do not want to be disturbed. On va voir.

Posted by: Mimi | Oct 30, 2005 5:16:05 PM

All of this sucks.

Jerome is not a pussy, he's a beautiful human being.

D. is worth saving. I am sadden that things have come to this.

I hope we hear from her soon.

Mimi, keep your work coming. I love it!

Posted by: bex | Oct 30, 2005 5:42:54 PM

I couldn't agree with you more bex -- this all sucks.

Jerome is a strong willed, dedicated man.

Trent is a dick.

Michel is about as compelling a man as James Woods in Casino.

...and no. I haven't heard from Dierdre yet either.

I'm starting to get worried too.

Posted by: Gabriel | Oct 31, 2005 1:26:00 AM

I'm sorry Gab. I guess it would do no good for anyone to email her here as she probably isn't on the computer? (can you check the longs here???)

Posted by: bex | Oct 31, 2005 6:12:16 AM

Well, I suspect (and hope) that Dierdre will come back around soon, but perhaps we should all try to not be so alienating? Attacking Michel only puts her in an "us or him" ultimatum situation.

And Gabriel, since when are you Jerome's champion? "Trent's a dick," you say. Hmpf, like you've ever freaking met him!

Posted by: maise | Oct 31, 2005 7:02:25 AM

Speaking of meeting him, my concerts are starting on Wed. this week through Sunday.

If I happen to bump into the man, I'll give you all a full report if he's a dick or not.

As for Jerome, I wish I'd got to see him play & met him.

Posted by: bex | Oct 31, 2005 7:38:35 AM

Damn, I wish I had a NIN concert or three to look forward to this week. Work sucks. :(

Well, Bex, if you do run into him, send him my love...from beyond the grave!

Happy Halloween, everyone! (From the Ghost Dog)

Posted by: maise | Oct 31, 2005 7:49:12 AM

Bex, if you run into Trent, PLEASE do not speak to him.

Posted by: Jane | Oct 31, 2005 9:52:48 AM

Now, Jane, I think we can all agree that if we were ever to "bump into" Trent (and in my case, I probably would clumsily collide into him), each and every one of us would turn into the world's biggest dorks (and that goes for you too, lurking trolls!). I can guarantee you that I would say something nonsensical or cringingly awful, blurt out, "I love you!" then flee the scene and hate myself for days afterward. You might have a different variation on the same theme, but no need to single out Bex.

Posted by: maise | Oct 31, 2005 10:05:15 AM

If I ran into Trent, I would be as cool as a cucumber. I'd tell him to contact Dierdre immediately to save her from her sleazy French overlord, thank him for his brilliant music, and go on my way, dignity in tact.

Posted by: Jane | Oct 31, 2005 11:03:20 AM