« [No_You_Don't] | Main | [Use_Your_Voice] »

2005.08.24

[In_Dreams:_The_Twins]

By Mimi Jones-Taylor

[From the Editor: In light of recent events, I am posting Episode V of the In Dreams saga in its complete, unedited format. As a mere man, it is not my place to judge the worth of others, their art, or even the moral content therein. These are the pathways to temptation and deception. Honesty, truth, and acceptance is the way of The Word. -Gabriel]

The cold, sweet cream slid into his mouth.  He pursed his lips together, kissing the air as the flavour twisted his tongue.  He hesitated for a moment before releasing the substance down his throat, clenching the tip of the spoon with his teeth as She tried to pull it from his mouth.

“So are you going to guess?” She asked.

“Mmm hmm,” he nodded, cocking his neck forward.

She tittered as She whacked the wet spoon against her palm.

“Madagascar vanilla ice cream,” he said with a final swallow.

“Ooh,” She squealed to Her Twin, “he’s good!”

“I told you he would be,” Her Twin replied, holding the glass of water to his lips.

“What should we do next?” She asked.

“Ooh, this one.”

Her Twin held up the red jar.

“Are you ready, Trent?”

Trent nodded, opening his mouth to speak.

“Shhhhh,” She whispered, placing her index finger against his lips.  “Not until we tell you.”

Her Twin waggled her red, jellied finger underneath his nose before shoving it into his mouth.  Trent’s lips pulled back as he wrinkled his brow and strained his cheeks.  He tried to spit the jelly out, but Her Twin cupped his chin.

“Ah ah ah…” said Her Twin.  “You have to guess first.”

“Mmmmmmmmh!” Trent cried.

“Come on, darling,” She said, her lips moving closer to his ear.

Trent backed his neck up, pressing his lips together.

“Are you ready to guess?” She asked, as her breath fluttered against his outer ear.

Trent nodded.

“No spitting,” commanded Her Twin.

Trent bit his lower lip, nodding.

“Okay, guess!” She said.

“Unsweetened cranberry jelly,” said Trent, smacking his lips to every syllable, attempting to purge its lingering taste.

“Wow, you’re right, sis, he is good!” She said.

“Water…” he whispered.

“Hey!” said Her Twin, smacking his cheek with the back of her hand.  Red jelly spittled out of his mouth, dripping onto his bare chest.

“We said no speaking unless you’re spoken to.”

“But…”

Her Twin gritted her teeth as She stared into his blindfold.

“Do you want us to hit you again?”

Trent shook his head.

“Good.  Good boy.  Here’s your water, bitch.”

She held the glass to his lips, as he gasped to get as much of it down before She could jerk the glass away.

“What’s next?” She asked.

“This,” Her Twin said, holding up a green bottle.

“We can’t give him that!” She cried.

“Why not?”

“We don’t want to kill him, do we?”

Trent struggled to undo the knots binding his hands to the chair, moving his head from side to side as he followed their conversation.

“It’s harmless.  Don’t worry.”

Trent could hear footsteps moving closer to his seat.  He let his arms go limp.

“Ready for the next taste?”

Trent nodded, his head sinking towards the floor.

Her Twin held out the spoon with the green liquid.

“Open up, lover.”

Her Twin shoved the spoon into his mouth, standing back while he spewed it across the room.

“That’s fucking Bitrex!” he cried.

The two girls laughed.

“Awww,” She cooed, flooding his mouth with water.

“Here,” said Her Twin, shoveling a spoonful of brown glop into his mouth.  “This should cover the flavour.”

Trent rubbed his tongue along the roof of his mouth, coating it with the coarse paste.

“Hmmm,” he said, “Wahnuh bu’r”.

Her Twin laughed.

“Yes, it’s walnut butter, very good, but we didn’t ask you to guess that.”

Trent flinched in anticipation.

“Excellent, sister,” said Her Twin, “We have him trained.”

She poured water into his mouth once more.

“So, Trent, are you ready for the final taste?”

Trent nodded his head with care, and opened his mouth.

“Excellent,” She said, pulling out the Mason jar.

“I thought we were saving that,” said Her Twin.

She laughed, dipping a spoon inside.

“Are you ready, Trent?” Her Twin whispered in his ear.

She slipped the spoon into his mouth.

Trent let the contents roll around on his tongue.  The soft jelly had a slight tack to its texture; the salt seasoning was light, almost as if the ingredient were an afterthought.  He let his tongue play with it for a moment longer, pulling it away from the back of his teeth.  Trent sat up straight, his forehead rigid, and spat the substance out with fervour.

“Fuck,” he shouted.

The twins laughed.

“That’s fucking spunk,” he said.  “And it’s not even mine.”

“You’re right, sis,” She said, “He is that damned good.”

“You’re right, Trent,” Her Twin said, “It’s not yours.  It’s from the last guy who didn’t cooperate with us.  Now how come nobody’s called looking for you?”

“Yeah,” She said, “I find that odd, too.  I mean, we left enough clues for them.  Maybe they just don’t want you back anymore.”

“Maybe they’re just sick of you ordering them around,” said Her Twin.  “You can be such a domineering bitch sometimes.”

Trent pulled the ropes binding his wrists.

“Oh, you’re not going anywhere,” said Her Twin.  “And if you think you can get away, we’ll just have to make you taste some of this…”

She ran a sharp blade along his forearm.  Trent cried in pain, as She popped her finger, rife with his blood, into his mouth.

* * * *

Trent opens his eyes into the full blast of morning’s sun.  It takes him a few moments to get his bearings.  He is at home, in his own bedroom.  Trent smacks his lips together; they are sticky and covered with morning tongue fur.  He makes a face, and throws off his blanket, noticing a long scratch on his forearm that has just begun to heal over.

In shock, he turns to the other pillow in his bed, where his cat is sitting, staring at him with large green eyes.  Trent revisits the scar, and laughs.  He sits up from his bed, and tries to run his fingers through his hair.  They get stuck in encrusted hair product.

“Fuck,” he says to himself as he turns on the bathroom light, peeling a chunk from his scalp.   As he is about to put it to his nose, he spies the deep, raw rope burns on his wrist.

Trent tears his bedroom apart, looking for any sign that someone may have spent the night with him and stole out in the morning.  There is nothing.

“Who’s fucking spunk is that?” he cries.  “And how come I could taste it in my dream?”

Trent looks around the now chaotic room.  Except for the rolling cat, there is no other sign of life inside.  He picks at the dried spunk once more, looks at a piece and throws it into the bin.  He sees an empty pint container inside that once held Madagascar Vanilla Ice Cream.

Trent sits at the edge of the bed.

“All right, all right, I give the fuck up,” he shouts.  “Would someone please just tell me what the fuck is going on?”

Posted by Gabriel in tales_of_terror | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [In_Dreams:_The_Twins]:

Comments

Ok. BEST SENTENCE EVER:

“That’s fucking spunk,” he said. “And it’s not even mine.”

People, bow down before Mimi, who has determined that Trent, OF COURSE, knows what his own spunk tastes like. I am fucking DYING over here.

And, Gabriel, ONE PROBLEM SOLVED... but Jesus Christ is still in the header. FIX IT.

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 24, 2005 5:26:19 AM

hooray!!! We finally get Mimi's next installment!!!

BTW, why was this ever censored? What is so offensive about it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Poor Trent...his "dreams" are getting creepier creepier!

Great work Mimi!!!

hugs,
bex

Posted by: bex | Aug 24, 2005 5:36:59 AM

Oh, Gabriel, merci and thank you so much for publishing my little story. Je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime encore! Besides, taste is the most natural thing in the world. I am glad you exercised some good one. Et Buttercup, je t'ai dit qu'il est un beau homme, n'est-ce pas? And Dierdre, I am glad you like it too!! I am going to leave le patisserie now...

Posted by: Mimi | Aug 24, 2005 5:47:23 AM

You're right, bex. There was absofuckinglutely nothing offensive in my sister's story (unless of course you're a guy who now knows that we women know what you do alone in the dark). What is offensive is that this dictatorial exercise of censorship imposed by the newly-reborn manic street preacher himself (albeit before he cried out "Hey Zeus!" to the mescaline-obscured sky) caused Mimi to gain 2 stone from shame spiral eating (that's 28 American lbs. In one week.).

Sis, I'm glad you're leaving the pastry shop now, but as for Gabriel being hot? Um...how you say...I DON'T FUCKING THINK SO. Ew. **wretching** Find yourself another power monger to fall in love with, like maybe Kim Jong Il.

Posted by: Buttercup J. | Aug 24, 2005 6:44:29 AM

Buttercup, I in no way find your sis's work offensive..but you know what? Even If "I" did...so what! I don't dictate what others like or enjoy! If someone doesn't like it..they don't have to read it! Or they can leave a comment with their opinion..but don't censor it! Mimi's work relates to the topic of this site!

As for how it's decided what gets to be on the site, I can understand why Dierdre would be upset by Gab posting religious stuff here as that's not what the site was set up for. If I may leave a suggestion, maybe Gab could set up a different site for those items and only post his NIN/Trent ideas here?

Now back to Mimi... I LOVE the "In Dreams" series! And as for the guys that might be freaked that we know what they do by themselves....big fucking deal...so you've tasted it...we aren't phased by those things...so RELAX!
hugs,
bex
PS, Mimi, step away from the pastry shop!!! You'll want to look your best for when you get to see Trent this fall!

Posted by: bex | Aug 24, 2005 8:42:33 AM

Oh Bex, you're so cute. That's a good idea. I'll totally start a completely different website for myself so you, and others, don't have to read the thoughts on the website Dierdre and I set up -- in the first place -- for ourselves. That makes a lot of sense.

If you are a fan of Trent, you are a fan of The Word; you may just not know it yet. As M.T. Reznor himself has said, "Have some faith. It'll come."

All will become clear.

Posted by: Gabriel | Aug 24, 2005 9:49:34 AM

Gabriel, I honestly don't know what you found offensive about this in your moment of insanity. And I thank you for finally putting it back up.

Mimi: I LOVE IT. Can't wait for the next installment.

Posted by: Kim | Aug 24, 2005 10:49:40 AM

"I'll totally start a completely different website for myself so you, and others, don't have to read the thoughts on the website Dierdre and I set up -- in the first place -- for ourselves."

I'm sorry Gab. I guess I overstepped the boundaries. I didn't mean any harm, I guess I thought this was primarily a NIN/Trent site..but correct you are..you guys set this up for you..not for us visitors. And BTW, I'm not offended by anything anyone has ever said here...I was just trying to be helpful.

hugs,
bex
< crawls back under her rock>

Posted by: bex | Aug 24, 2005 11:11:53 AM

Good stuff as usual, Mimi. "What the fuck is going on," indeed. I was hoping this would be waiting for me when I logged on today, and here it is! And no, I'm not offended. In fact, I think this might be my favorite installment. Reminds me of similar games I've played...

Posted by: emerald527 | Aug 24, 2005 11:14:56 AM

Mimi, that was awesome. '.'

Posted by: Kate | Aug 24, 2005 2:42:07 PM

Hey, anyone feeling left out, now that Gabriel's found Jesus, you can look for him, too, if you want, at the big ol'booty bonanza.

And Gabriel, that masthead better get changed today, or there is some shit that's about to go down. That's all I'm sayin'

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 25, 2005 2:45:28 AM

Oh, and Gabriel, I don't want to encourage your latest attack of TOTAL INSANITY, but I did want you to know that Jesus was gother than you, bitch.

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 25, 2005 2:55:30 AM

I'm glad you're finally seeing the light, Dierdre.

Also, Mimi, I wanted to commend you for the great ending line of the "In Dreams" stories, "What the fuck is going on."

No one has yet seemed to notice that this is a clever reference to the Guns N' Roses song "Coma", and I just wanted to say I think it's rather wonderful, despite the lascivious content of the individual episodes.

Posted by: Gabriel | Aug 25, 2005 8:16:55 AM

I LOVE the Jesus Goth link!!!

I know it's somewhat tongue in cheek..but there is a lot there to think about. (if anything we can read describing what happened 2,000 or so years ago is even vaguely true).

I like the whole Jesus image thingy..I thought he was cool..and it has NOTHING to do with religion (he wasn't some right wing fundy asshole....he hung with the rejects...and gave them love)...is why I put a Jesus fishy on my car next to my NIN bumper sticker. The dumbass rednecks around here don't understand..they think I'm on of the brain washed..not so....I thought he was a cool assed liberal hippie..but Goth, okay, I can do that too!

hugs,
bex
PS. And to stay on topic...Trent is still one HOT MUTHA!!! I can't wait until November!!!!

Posted by: bex | Aug 25, 2005 8:32:05 AM

m.c. j.c.?

Is that like M.C. Hammer or M.C. Skat Kat? Or perhaps Young M.C.? I love all that early 90s hip hop! ;)

Posted by: maise | Aug 25, 2005 9:46:46 AM

Maise, early 90's hip hop was fun wasn't it??? What the hell happened to it??

hugs,
bex

Posted by: bex | Aug 25, 2005 10:08:59 AM

Our Lord is the Master of Ceremonies of Love and Harmony.

Posted by: Gabriel | Aug 25, 2005 10:09:18 AM

Merci beaucoup, Gabriel, for your complement. I am thrilled that you are discovering the many layers contained within mes contes. But I am sorry, this word "lascivious", I don't understand. Maybe you could explain it to me?? ;-)

Posted by: Mimi | Aug 25, 2005 10:47:31 AM

Hey, Gabriel, I was randomly checking out some site with pics of Tom Cruise cross-dressing in his youth, and there you were in the comments section! It's a small web after all...

Posted by: maise | Aug 25, 2005 7:25:19 PM

I miss those phat boys from Color Me Badd. They were kewl. *thumbs up*

Posted by: Kate | Aug 25, 2005 7:49:01 PM

Kate, here ya go:

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH OHHHHHHHHHH OOOOHHHHH OHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I wanna sex YOU UP!

LOL!

sorry, I'm tired, I'm giddy..I'm going to bed...night ya'll!

hugs,
bex

Posted by: bex | Aug 25, 2005 8:26:22 PM

Yeah, screw Trent. Let's dedicate this space to Snow!

In-FOR-mer...
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah...A blah blah boom boom something...

Posted by: maise | Aug 25, 2005 9:09:24 PM

Maise, while I appreciate your love of white Torontonian rappers, I much prefer the first part of your sentiment. "Screw Trent". GLADLY!! WITH FUCKING BELLS ON!!! WOOT!!

Posted by: Buttercup J. | Aug 26, 2005 10:15:57 AM

Yeah, this m.c.j.c. guy sure spins some dope tunes, but I'll be happy to return the discussion to unbridled lust.

Deirdre, can we commission a photo essay on the way Trent has perfected the "ooh, if looks could kill" dirty rock star glare over the years? I love Trent best when he glowers menacingly at me...

Posted by: maise | Aug 26, 2005 10:49:10 AM

Oh good lord! I LOVE THAT! he does have the hottest glare on earth. Those eyes!

Photo essay inspiration must come of it's own accord, however...

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 26, 2005 10:58:36 AM