« [Pictures_of_You_#_10:
Trent_vs._Trent_Revisited]
| Main | [it_took_Him_ to_make_me_see_the_light] »

2005.08.21

[Le_Repas]

Bonsoir Mesdames (et Monsieur LaHaine)! I am writing to you today from the beautiful vineyards of  Prince Edward County in Ontario, Canada, sipping on a glass of baco noir. The summer rain is covering the valley in a blanket of mist, as the warmth of day meets the cool of evening.  I have just finished a lovely little amuse gueule of pâté de foie gras avec truffles et croutons, and I am just being served my venaison avec asperges a l’hollandaise et pommes purées.

So I have had a week to reflect on the malicious hand of censorship that befell me. I am no longer angry. I am actually very sad. I am sad that Monsieur LaHaine has lost the purity of his soul and his sense of courage. I do not know what he is doing in the desert, but I hope that he rediscovers these things, because they are that which drew us to him in the first place.

Speaking of courage, it seems that Monsieur Formidable needs a large dose of this from all of the hatred he is encountering in the southern hemisphere. I believe, mes cheries, that it is this influx of hatred circulating in the world that has caused Trent to become ill. Our states of health are tied in with the atmosphere surrounding us. When we are full of joy, laughter, and love, our immunities are stronger that the bulging muscles on the arms of Monsieur Formidable. But, even if our hearts are full of joy, if the atmosphere surrounding us is full of stress, negativity, disdain and hatred, it plagues our soul and our physical beings are weakened by this psychological warfare.

By now, you must have read the critique of the concerts from Australia. You have seen the maliciousness spread by Monsieur LaHaine on this site. And I am certain that you have read many other criticisms about Trent on sites where we are no longer allowed to tread, and various other forums. All of this anger, hatred, jealousy, and negativity reverberates around the world and is directed at Trent’s spirit, and now it is catching up with his physiology. Le petit pauvre is now becoming ill, and will need to repose in order to continue with his fall tour in North America.

But what will happen when he returns home? For one thing, je te jure, mes amies, that all of the people who are non-Spiral members will backlash against those of us who are, because we will get to touch the hand that feeds, and then there will be more rioting and gnashing of teeth, and this will further wear down the stamina of Trent.

It is time to stop the hatred against Trent. If we want him to feel better, then we must all be positive. We must band together in a solidarity of love, and pass these vibes throughout the universe to Trent, eradicating all hatred from our thoughts and minds (and website editors-in-chief) so that he will be able to survive the remainder of his touring days without befalling any other ailments.

Et maintenant, my venison is finished, and now I am moving on to a little piece of gâteau de Chopin with a little glass of Vidal Icewine. In tribute of spreading the love and overcoming the hatred, and to Trent’s health, I raise my glass and share with you this little poem, inspired by the words of Trent Reznor, and dedicated to the eradication of Monsieur LaHaine in the hopes that the pure and benevolent Gabriel Miller will emerge from underneath yet again, full of hope and inspiration:

The Illness of the Soul
a get-well poem
by Mimi Jones-Taylor feat. (the currently ill) Trent Reznor

Smashed up my sanity
Smashed up integrity
Smashed up what I believed in
Smashed up what’s left of me

Burning scarlet covers your healthy skin
Yet the show must go on, say you
Showcasing your wares to the unbelievers.
How they cast your efforts into the sewers!
Still, you go on playing and placating them
Quel justice au monde de la haine!

Watching the hole it used to be mine
Just watching it burn in my steady systematic decline
Of the trust I will betray
Give it to me I throw it away
After everything I’ve done
I hate myself for what I’ve become

You are stronger than you realize;
Leave their decaying stench behind.
Look to us to give you what you need now, with
Our hands reaching out from what could be your heaven
Come to where the clockwise swirling waters of joy comfort you
And you shall feel whole again.

Posted by Mimi Jones-Taylor in mimi's_musings | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Le_Repas]:

Comments

That just sucks. And not even in that Saturnine or Gabriel way, where it's so shitty it's entertaining.

That's just crap.

You do know that just writing crappy words around good words just makes your words look crappy? You quote like half the lyrics from "gave up" my friend. Kudos on understanding with "Cut" and "Paste" mean, but if i want to read "gave up"'s lyrics, i'll open my copy of Broken.

And nobody gives a shit what kind of wine you're drinking. Trent should sue your dumb shit self -- "sister's a copyright attorney" my ass.

Posted by: Disappointed | Aug 21, 2005 8:37:42 AM

Wow. So mean. Mimi, I liked the part about the clockwise swirling waters.

Fuck 'em.

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 21, 2005 9:33:29 AM

Gee, Gabriel, didn't know you were back from the desert so soon. Guess you've still got the hate on for my sister. Too bad you're such a chicken shit that you couldn't post the "creative" comments under your real name.

As for you, Mimi, you'd better just get your ass back home now. I hate to find myself agreeing with "Disappointed" up there, but you really shouldn't write poems when you're drunk. You're letting too much of something show that I don't think you want people to find out about. Go have a couple Ventis with Red Eyes and try not to let your emotions overwhelm you.

Posted by: Buttercup_J | Aug 21, 2005 9:35:24 AM

"Disappointed":Come up with something better to say than "That just sucks" or "That's just crap." and someone might start taking your insults seriously.

Mimi: I liked it. Keep 'em comin'. :)

Posted by: Kim | Aug 21, 2005 9:35:46 AM

Oh, YUM! Have all y'all seen the pictures from Australia that are currently linked from the nin hotline?

All I'm saying is that I would eat that whole, with a nice Pinot Noir, any day.

Mmmmm-mmmmm.

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 21, 2005 10:25:59 AM

Thank you for the poem Mimi. It was beautiful. We love you and I can't wait to see what you have for us next!

Posted by: Kate | Aug 21, 2005 10:30:15 AM

Oh, and Disappointed? As much as I think Trent is the biggest big fat genius ever to be ludicrously fuckable, I must tell you that the words to "Gave Up" are hardly his finest moment, literarily speaking. Without his fucking fantastic roar, and all 75 of the guitars backing his ass up on that number, those words don't really kick that much ass, really.

Now, that bit about "human junk just words and so much skin"? THAT kicks ass. That is pure genius. But, all this "I hate myself for what I've become" business? It works, in context, but standing alone? It's about on a par with Gabriel's anguished belly-aching.

Let's be real.

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 21, 2005 10:43:02 AM

Buttercup -- nice try, but I've got a tad more sense than your pal Gabriel. But don't worry, I think his stuff sucks, too. Where's the next In Dreams; at least that seemed to be funny intentionally.

Posted by: Disappointed | Aug 21, 2005 1:25:28 PM

Bonsoir, cheries! O que j'ai mal aux cheveux!

I think I may have overdone it yesterday...thank you ladies for your support!

And Disappointed, I am very sorry you do not like my poetry, but of course it was not written for you. As for my story, you will have to ask Gabriel when he will decide to post it, if he indeed does decide to post it. My sister has no idea, unless of course she has been wandering the desert with Monsieur LaHaine.

And to ma belle soeur, Buttercup, va chier, toi! If I want to tell the world of my undying love, then I will tell the world of my undying love. In fact, I might as well confess right now. But wait, what is this? A nouvelle lettre from Gabriel? Excuse me, cheries, but I must read this.

Posted by: Mimi | Aug 21, 2005 3:26:57 PM

Wonderful post Mimi!!!

BTW, those pics from Down Under..are those leathers Trents wearing?????? I couldn't tell if they were leathers or if his black jeans were so wet they were glistening!

hugs, bex

Posted by: bex | Aug 21, 2005 3:59:21 PM

bex said: "I love a man in leathers...I need a new pair myself..mine had so many holes in them..they had to get thrown out last year."

OMG, bex, you're just throwing away random pairs of leather-clad men? Can I go through your trash, please?

Posted by: Buttercup_J | Aug 21, 2005 4:43:29 PM

Oh no, not throwing out leather clad men!!! That would be a waste!!!

Just my own pair of holey leathers.

hugs, bex