« [Welcome_to_the_Pleasuredome] | Main | [Pictures_of_You_#_3] »

2005.06.07

[The_Gift_of_Music]

So first off, welcome to the new site -- I hope everybody's enjoying the new direction D and I are taking.

More importantly, tonight is the introduction of a new feature here at WTC. As most of you already know, something special happened at the 5.30.05 NIN concert in San Diego.

I received Trent's microphone.

Now some of you have been yelling theif, saying I stole the microphone... well I know that's not the case, and even more importantly -- Trent knows. He was there. He could have wrestled the microphone away. He could have sicced his security guard legions on me. But no; he saw me, Gabriel, and gave it to me. As a gift.

The Gift of Music.

It didn't take long for me to understand what Trent wanted -- he wanted me to use my voice; to share my gifts in singing and guitar playing with the world. What better tool to use than his very microphone; the Chalice of Reznor itself?

What better tool indeed.

And what better place to share these newly recorded works than right here at Wearing These Chains. And what better song to begin with, than one of Trent's very own compositions.

So without further adieu, Wearing These Chains is pleased to announce the first in the Soundscapes of Pain series. A song that's always been near and dear to my heart. Featuring Rory Gabler on guitar, and myself, Gabriel, on rhythm guitar and lead vocals, l'orangerie stank's foray into nine inch nails cover territory: terrible lie (organism).

Enjoy the madness. I know I do.

Gabriel

Posted by Gabriel in soundscapes_of_pain | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [The_Gift_of_Music]:

Comments

Rock on with the new site!! I love it, great job to you both. The dark Lord appreciates your servitude to his evil love.

Posted by: Tormented_Soul_3 | Jun 8, 2005 2:43:41 PM

By the way, forgot to compliment you on the song, Gabriel, very moody. We should record together some time!

Posted by: Tormented_Soul_3 | Jun 8, 2005 2:45:55 PM

The whistled synth line wins.

Posted by: emerald527 | Jun 8, 2005 4:34:32 PM

That's my favorite part, too, Em!

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 8, 2005 5:36:48 PM

I don't know you or anything but I just downloaded it, and I hate NIN covers, but this was incredible. Keep it up, for real. You have an incredible, versatile voice. I wouldn't mind hearing more.

Posted by: Betty | Jun 8, 2005 10:31:37 PM

Thanks TS3, Em, and Betty for the kinds words -- I'm really glad everybody's enjoying our version of "Terrible Lie"!

I'm thinking of doing a version of either "gave up" or "march of the pigs" next -- does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by: Gabriel | Jun 9, 2005 7:40:21 AM

I want you to cover "Eraser" Gabriel.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 9, 2005 9:20:00 AM

a little full of yourself, no?

Posted by: clayton | Jun 9, 2005 12:23:33 PM

I wouldn't say I'm full of myself -- I'm just not going to ignore the gifts and encouragement that are thrown my way. If they happen to come from the musician that I respect most in the world, So Be It.

Posted by: Gabriel | Jun 9, 2005 5:11:42 PM

Talk about a TERRIBLE LIE, Gabriel. You are so full of shit... shit... shiiiiiiit. Trent was guarding the family jewels with every ounce of strength he has in his tiny little body when you ripped the microphone out of his hands to scream your mental retardation into it, and stuff it into your underwear. He didn't see you or anyone else, and he certainly didn't have any intention of empowering your lame ass to butcher his songs by singing them as if you were fucking JAMES TAYLOR.

You and your goth/emo bullshit. Like I said, the only reason L'orangerie Stank doesn't suck is RORY.

I hope you get arrested.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 9, 2005 7:28:46 PM

yes, because he thought you were just so damn cool he had to give you the microphone

i wish i could be as cool as you

Posted by: clayton | Jun 9, 2005 9:35:00 PM

Hey, Clayton -- stay positive! Maybe one day somebody will reach out to you and give you the kind of encouragement Trent gave me with his gift.

Don't worry. I know one day you'll find your own microphone!

Posted by: Gabriel | Jun 9, 2005 10:24:24 PM

Clayton, Gabriel may be delusional, and he may be a microphone stealing weasel, but what's it to you?

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 10, 2005 6:28:55 AM

So dark and mysterious Clayton. Wow, you really got him with that one. I hope you take a stab at me next...pleeaassee.

Posted by: Tormented_Soul_3 | Jun 10, 2005 1:19:18 PM

Posted by: clayton | Jun 11, 2005 12:48:21 PM

Sheer brilliance, Gabriel. It's obvious what you say is true, because you were clearly channeling Trent's musical gifts as imparted to you through the blessed Chalice. I don't believe that such raw, heartfelt emotion would have come through if you were, in fact, a phallus-thieving bastard. The whistling, man--that was genius. Genius. Maybe if you let Dierdre whistle on your next cover she won't be so bitchy to you. She's just jealous.
Sorry I ruined things over at ETS. It was more fun when they didn't know any better.

Posted by: pclare | Jun 13, 2005 9:57:15 AM

Now, pclare, while we truly enjoy your readership and comments, because at least they aren't filled with hurtful, hurtful hate, and Gabriel especially enjoys them because his poor self-esteem and guilt over being a thieving weasel need all the stroking they can get, I really have to tell you that I feel like you're not taking us very seriously. I can assure you 100% that when Gabriel sang Terrible Lie, he was drawing on the real pain in his soul, and only an idiot would not realize that I totally want to ride Trent like the fine stallion he is.

Just remember that.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 13, 2005 11:15:05 AM

dont ever sing again. that was some funny shit. i especially loved the whistling. u totally mutilated that song.

Posted by: bob | Jun 21, 2005 2:29:11 AM