« [Q_&_A_With_The_Emperor] | Main | [Antichrist_Filterstar] »

2005.06.26

[Soundscapes_of_Pain: Something_I_Can_Never_Have]

Well it's been about 10 hours straight of computer time logged mixing today, fueled only by Taco Bell and the bottle of absinthe I smuggled back from Spain when I went abroad during my undergrad collegiate years... but I'm happy to say that the end to your tormented wait has come: Wearing These Chains is happy to present: something i can never have (origin).

As some of our fans already know, this track represent a departure from the nine inch nails covers that L'orangerie Stank has done thus far, in that it features a new mouth consuming the Chalice of Reznor: my roommate Dierdre herself felt compelled to sing on this track (given her teethal obsession with M.T. Reznor as of late, I'm not suprised she felt the need to lend her talents here). And thus we find ourselves, with Dierdre on lead vocals, Gabriel -- mine own self -- on backing vocals and rhythm guitar, and as always, Rory Gabler on lead. We hope you enjoy; in my estimation, lending a female voice to the erotic draw of M.T. Reznor's lyrics makes the song EVEN MORE powerful!

As with gave up (persistence), I've also added a higher quality version of the track for your listening pleasure. Dierdre and I look forward to hearing your comments.

(Oh, and with regards to the members of ETS that, for some strange reason, thought Dierdre and I were the same person, I hope this puts your feverish minds to rest. Because seriously; we're friends and we live together and all, but that chick is crazy.)

Gabriel

EDIT: Dierdre wants to feel special, apparently, and wants a picture of her singing a song with my band into my microphone that M.T. Reznor personally gave to fucking me up on the site. Given that I'm a low drama guy and don't want to deal with the histrionics of ignoring her, here's Dierdre doing what both she and her mom do best.

Posted by Gabriel in soundscapes_of_pain | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [Soundscapes_of_Pain: Something_I_Can_Never_Have]:

Comments

Very nice, guys. The spoken word parts just sound awkward to me, but Dierdre, you have a surprisingly lovely voice! Good job!

Posted by: Jessica | Jun 26, 2005 4:03:23 AM

Well, this is another step towards convincing me that you and Dierdre aren't the same person. By the way, I do like this one. It's quite good.

Posted by: Roth | Jun 26, 2005 5:26:52 AM

Also, Dierdre, voice sounds good.

Posted by: Roth | Jun 26, 2005 5:28:06 AM

Oh, make it go away. Make it go away. You're starting to scare me!

Posted by: Lisa | Jun 26, 2005 2:14:46 PM

Just kidding. It's actually quite brilliant! (especially that spoken bit in the end)

ROCK ON, dudes!

Posted by: Lisa | Jun 26, 2005 2:17:24 PM

That gave me goosebumps. Good stuff, kids.

I especially like how you worked in the unsung-but-printed lyrics. I always wondered what the song would be like with them added.

Posted by: emerald527 | Jun 26, 2005 3:22:24 PM

OMG, you guys! You're so awesome. Thank you for the compliments. I was a little concerned that I SUCKED, and I really wanted to do a good job on this one, because I really know exactly how it feels to want something you can never have so badly that it fucking aches you. Really. I so do.

All I want to mention about those printed-but-unsung lyrics is that Perry Ellis totally stinks, man.

(Trent, if you're going to have a man in your bed leaving his sweat and what not behind to stain your sheets, I'd suggest finding one with better taste in cologne... or one that goes au naturelle, with his delicious sweaty MAN SMELL. I hope that's how you rock it, baby. Also, you are so invited to stain my sheets anytime, sparklepants. Rawr!)

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 26, 2005 6:05:19 PM

and, finally, they get some respect.

thanks for answering my question, gabriel. goth boys aren't my type, but i'll certainly take you up on that high-five.

on the flipside, bitch!

slap me some skin!

love it. love you.

Posted by: queer as . . . | Jun 26, 2005 7:22:42 PM

Gabriel, Queer as... might love you, but I HATE YOU! You will not avoid these histrionics, bitch.

Just for you, honey.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 27, 2005 11:02:30 AM

Dierdre, as much as you make me laugh, you're also freaking me out sweetie. I'm not easily disturbed but I worry for you. It's time to get a real, live, flesh and blood boyfriend. You know, someone whose nipples you can tweak all the time -- as opposed to a few fleeting seconds in the pit. Someone you can lick head to toe whenever you choose, and not just the occasional few droplets on the palms of your hands.

(Have you considered advertising for a Trent look-a-like in the classifieds?)

I fear for you when Trent finally marries his hot black girlfriend and you know he's pleasuring some other woman and that he'll never, ever be yours. Something you can never have! What's left but insanity, suicide, or kidnapping and hobbling Trent Annie Wilke's style?

Perhaps Gabe can dye his hair black and legally change his name to Trent. You in turn can strap on a dildo.

Posted by: Enlightened Buddhist Lama | Aug 6, 2005 7:25:06 PM

I haven't been into strap-on dildos in a very long time, Mr. Lama, thankyouverymuch. leave me out of it.

Posted by: Gabriel | Aug 6, 2005 7:29:47 PM

When was the last time?

I commented in the wrong place. Sorry. It was meant to go in Dear Trent #15.

However, since I have your attention, have you considered changing the bands name to Stinky Oranges? It's more accessible to a wider audience. Really Gabe, L'Orangerie Stank has to be the absolute worst band name evar. You must do a post how you came up with that name. There's shitloads of comic potential right there.

Posted by: That's Ms. Lama | Aug 6, 2005 7:39:19 PM

Gabriel, you are such a liar.

That said, Mr. Lama, I wouldn't strap on a dildo on Gabriel's behalf if you paid me.

Posted by: Dierdre | Aug 7, 2005 12:01:04 AM