« [Dear_Trent_#_10] | Main | [Pictures_of_You_#_4:
With_Hair] »

2005.06.13

[To_Make_Me_See_The_Light]

Well it's been a glorious week thus far; last night nine inch nails announced their fall U.S. tour dates. As you may notice, there's something rather poetic about the first date on the list:
from nin.com

Yes, that's right -- the arena tour kicks off right here in San Diego. So to all those haters who said Trent did really give me his microphone, and doesn't like Dierdre and I... well I guess the the truth is finally out there, isn't it?

Speaking of the Chalice of Reznor, the joy I found in crafting L'orangerie Stank's cover of "terrible lie" was short-lived; over the weekend I had a dream, where an image of M.T. Reznor himself visited me, like a shadowy Obi-Wan to Luke, and instructed me as to my next step: i must record "gave up" with his microphone.

Rory and I have since spent the days and nights working on this one... we became very inspired by some of the b-sides from the fragile, particularly those on the "we're in this together" singles, where Trent really took the opportunity to experiment with different styles and different directions. Now, obviously L'orangerie Stank doesn't have the resources that our leader does, but we tried a few things here within our means, and I'm excited to hear what you think of them.

As always, thanks for listening. Enjoy gave up (persistence) (in addition, I've also included a higher quality mp3 for you purists out there!)

-Gabriel

Posted by Gabriel in soundscapes_of_pain | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference [To_Make_Me_See_The_Light]:

Comments

I have no words, Gabriel. This is fucking AWFUL. Don't you have a single modicum of respect for Trent's PAIN?

Jesus. I am so embarrassed right now. I'm starting to think it would actually be better if you did use the microphone as a dildo.

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 14, 2005 4:47:27 PM

Goddamnit, all large venues now. Of course he'd test the waters with smaller shows and then play a round of stadiums to scoop up all the other interested people. Still, I want my sweaty hundred degrees hot as fuck venue rubbing up against large shirtless.. wait, I should probably stop here.

Posted by: Roth | Jun 16, 2005 6:16:10 PM

Fret not, Roth -- I don't think our Dark Lord of Majesty will disappoint.

I will say, however, that I doubt we will have the type of virile, pulsating, primal experiences of pounding pleasure that the club shows were... of flesh against flesh, thrust against thrust, sin against sin... The days of crowd surfing and sipping from the Chalice are most likely behind us with the new venue line-up.

Posted by: Gabriel | Jun 16, 2005 6:55:38 PM

Roth, I am SO with you. I love the crush and intensity of THE PIT, but I do want to note, for the record, that there's nothing worse than some sweaty guy you don't know looming over you, devil horns raised over your head, his dripping pits level with your face, and his junk pressed up into your backside. That's just SO NOT COOL. Add in "shirtless" and I am about ready to blow a fucking gasket.

However, I would endure it all to stroke the full length of Trent's sweaty, glistening, rock hard ... ARM! GEEZ!

Dirty minded freaks!

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 16, 2005 8:53:10 PM

I prefer to keep the sweaty, pulsing, pounding, tied up fury and angst, ripping hands and arms, rubbing flesh and bumping bodies to my chain bound bedroom. The venues is where I connect with the dark Lord as he chanels his power through the Trent on stage. The kink and masachism remains in the dungeon of my room, not the mosh pit. The pit is where I release my anger in a swirl of flying fists and spins.

Posted by: Tormented_Soul_3 | Jun 17, 2005 1:07:46 PM

What can I say, Gabriel?

Well, whatever is was, I said it over at ETS. I figured that would be more fun all around.

Click me to travel to that dearth of sense and humor.

Posted by: pclare | Jun 17, 2005 8:36:35 PM

Ooops. ^ It is was been a mistake!

Hey, Dierdre--I think you're jumping to conclusions. Do you have any evidence to support your claim that Gabriel did NOT use the Chalice as a dildo?

I invite you to present the evidence [lol], but I think this masterwork rather refutes that claim.

Could he have crafted such a poignant art piece if he had NOT first embodied the dildo's -- I mean Chalice's -- far-reaching powers?

I think not.

Love,
pclare
:wink!:

Posted by: pclare | Jun 17, 2005 8:57:03 PM

pclare,

I stand corrected. I think the chalice was definitely up Gabriel's ass before he recorded GAVE UP.

Love,
DIERDRE

Posted by: Dierdre | Jun 17, 2005 10:52:29 PM

Gabriel - I have to say I've resisted listening to your covers because I don't know why. You seem very...different. The way you perceive and interpret things is very odd. It's sort of interesting and annoying at the same time. You seem very intelligent and creative, but melodramatic.

Anyway, your covers are amazing. The whole folksy thing isn't too much to my taste, but the whistled synth line is absolutely priceless. Your singing sounds great on Gave Up, but I hated the finger snapping part. It sounds like a prison chain-gang in 1920's Alabama. Even though I didn't like it I still thought it was interesting.

You're definitely talented, so keep it up. I think Trent would be proud too.

Posted by: Jessica | Jun 18, 2005 5:28:18 AM